Do these leaves look right to you?

It’s been 75 days since I flipped to 12/12.

I normally would’ve cut these leaves off along time ago. But I was wondering what everyone’s take on them would be?

2 Likes

I call that leprosy! :joy: :mask:

4 Likes

i’m trying out some new nutes and having similar leaves appearing. I’m currently treating it as a Calcium deficiency, but given how deep green your leaves are, and with the slight claw, i would say you are overfeeding a bit, which can block calcium uptake.

fill this out:

grow medium, including everything you mixed into it:

nutrients used and amounts of each:

pH

how often you feed and water:

Temps lights on and off:

humidity:

any critters? Bugs?

2 Likes

grow medium, including everything you mixed into it:

• Sunshine mix #4 and FFOF, 50/50 blend. FFOF has been maxed out a long time ago.

nutrients used and amounts of each:

• At this point, I’m using Jacks321 (normal strength) and Flower Fuel (0-34-32) (also normal strength)

pH

• I have no idea my pH.

how often you feed and water:

• I feed every time I water. I water when the plant feels light when I pick it up. For the past two weeks, this plant drinks ~.5 gal every 2-3 days.

Temps lights on and off & Humidity:

• Temp 67° F average, Humidity 56% Φ average

any critters? Bugs?

• I have seen no indication of any critters or bugs. Except for one cat.

(I really don’t care about these leaves. I’ve intentionally NOT cut them off, because I wanted to see what would happen to them.)

2 Likes

there ya go, hell yes. now that gives us something to go on. thank you!

so i’m guessing you are not ph’ing your nutrient solution after you mix it and before you give it to your girls…

given the FFOF goodies have run out, i’m guessing your ph is running low in the root zone, blocking out calcium. this is an educated guess, i could be wrong. Peat tends to get acidic though and adding in a possibly acidic nutrient solution will make it worse. do you have a pH meter to check the solution before you give it to the plants? in soil, and i may get some flack for this, you want to shoot for 6.5. check out the chart. hydro and coco are lower, and IF you ammend the soil with enough dolomite lime when you mix it, that should offset the acidic solution, but it does wear down the buffer over time.

that being said, do you ever just give plain water, or water without nutrients? Nutrient salt build up can also cause the ph to drop and block out the uptake of calcium among other things and eventually cause all kinds of shitty things. you might consider a light flush with epsom salt only water once a week to keep the salt build up to a minimum.

Nutrient_Chart2

3 Likes

oh and i appreciate you wanting to see what happens to the leaves. I don’t freak out over a yellowing leaf or two as long as it’s not bugs.

keep in mind, we are our plants worst enemey. most of the time, we mess with them too much. most of the time when you just leave them the hell alone and feed and water when the plant asks for it, they do wonderfully well. :rofl:

4 Likes

I suspect your problem lies here one way or another…

.5 gal a day… are you watering to run off? if not…salt build up

PH if you dont know what goes in and what comes out…then you dont know what you get when / IF it gets to harvest…

Get a PH test Meter/strips… water enough to have enough water run back out to take the extra salt out with it… (I think its like 25 - 30% of the water your pouring should come out the bottom)
Dont forget to check your slurry

I would start here.

But im a Hydro guy

0_o

4 Likes

shop around for a pH pen. I used BlueLab for years until they started outsourcing to China and their quality went to crap. Most pens have a 8 month to 1 year life span - keep that in min, but you also don’t want to go too cheap on it. Get something that’s not accurate and you’ll be right back where you are now.

this is what i have right now. Keep the tip in the storage solution when not being used and calibrate every time you use it and it’ll work just fine.

3 Likes

@freakshow Thank you for your advice. I flushed with 3 gal of water this morning to get rid of salt buildup.

02/26

3 Likes

I have this one I love it

2 Likes

nice lookin plant dude! bring her home

2 Likes