Do These soil test kits work? Or are they Garbage?

Trying to figure out my PH in my grow buckets. Was wondering if this could help me. I know my Ph is off and need to fix it quickly. My Lady’s are in flower and don’t have much if any time to correct.
Thanks for any input to this question.

5 Likes

I don’t know about the kits but have you considered a flush? I have washed away a multitude of sins in the past by flushing.

5 Likes

It’s in a grow bucket . Can’t really flush it

4 Likes

Never used them. Had to google the setup.

4 Likes

Me neither. But @greyalien44 I really don’t get why it is so hard to collect some run-off…

4 Likes

I can’t get any out of the bottom. I tried a tube and a syringe. But it doesn’t stay in the tube long enough for me to pull it out. It just falls back in the bucket .

5 Likes

Theses buckets i believe are geared more towards synthetic nutrients

4 Likes

This will work!

5 Likes

I should have looked better into what they were made for. Nacho uses synthetic nutrients

5 Likes

That looks like it could help. Thanks ill have to see about getting that quick. Looks like exactly what I need

5 Likes

I got it last May. Works great!

5 Likes

You the Man Nacho

5 Likes

Split spoon sampler, or a simple soil sampler… You can make something like this easily, if you have basic some tools.

4 Likes

Thanks again. I will try this tonight.

2 Likes

Question? Should I PH my water 6.5 when testing my run off in the bucket or Should I go lower? Either with the pump or sleek space probe to get the rite readings

2 Likes

5.7-6.0 hydro/coco 5.8 target
6.3-6.8 Soil/Peat 6.5 target

Not sure what your doing to be honest…That spoon I posted you pull a sample of soil, put (TBSP) in a cup and add same amount of distilled water…shake/stir measure both pH and ppm.

Runoff test…Yes, optimum range pH water/feed…Collect middle 1/3rd of runoff (20% runoff optimum)and take measurements.

3 Likes

Ok distilled water. Wasn’t sure haven’t even had time to open the soil test kit to look at instructions. My kids keep way to busy. Thanks Dog

3 Likes

Waiting for the pump to come in just ordered it today. And my soil is pro mix BX rite now. Peat base i believe

3 Likes

New question? Can a compost tea help correct the PH ? I thought I read somewhere about it

3 Likes

Tried using my little soil testing kit yesterday.
But like everything else I do i messed up. Oh well. Thanks for all the help. Waiting for my Siphoning pump to come today. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a good reading once I use it. 51 years stupid today. Happy Birthday to me lol

3 Likes