Do you guys have to check every bud site for signs of herming

So I feel like i have to check every single bud site and make sure theres no ball sacks do you guys do the same … I have this one bagseed plant that have female calyx and pistill but on some budd sites balls I thing hairless calyx

4 Likes

photos ?? would help…

4 Likes

Photos make a big difference, if ur seeing herms in the garden the naners can appear anywhere on the plant, seeds are gonna be feminized if it does pollenate. Big time growers will usually destroy the plant to not risk the rest of their crops, small time we just look over our plants daily with tweezers/ fingernail clippers and pluck em. If u want a few fem seeds off the grow then leave a single sack and pluck majority so u don’t overdo it

3 Likes

Good question! (how many bud sites are you talking about? I don’t want to get surprised (again) with another grower with 20-30 beautiful plants growing in their amazing batcave)

I do not check every bud site on every plant. But if I have reason to suspect that a plant is likely to hermie, you better believe I’m checking every bud site. I’ve had two wedding cake autos that both hermed on Day 78 and I harvested the next day. My current wedding cake is on Day 73. I have other plants starting flower now. You’re damn right I’m going to be checking all over, every day (starting in a few days). I have other plants just starting flower, I can’t have pollen in the air!

For newer growers, I encourage looking at every bud site. Check until you’re convinced that everything is normal. Do this with your plants every day. Grok how everything looks and how everything is growing. Those images of a normal, healthy plant will get burned into your mind.

When the day comes that you see something that goes against every image in your head of what ‘normal’ looks like…

…it’s going to stand out like… i don’t know …nanners on one of your girls. :joy:

Pics of your plant(s) would really help!

4 Likes

When you have em, you’ll know.

3 Likes