Does Any one have any Experience with Landrace Strains

I have An Afghan Strain I just Harvested… One of the most special plants ive grown( meaning difficult).

It was a Cal-Meg whore, and one missed feeding of cal-meg resulted in dry spots throughout the whole plant… It never recovers…
The Buds seem stringy (ive heard thats a characteristic of landrace strains)
Ive heard its a 12 week strain but I chopped in 9 weeks due to it looked like seeds where growing…(Hermied I guess)

Are these normal with landrace strains? Do they feed differently? Am I missing somthing or do yall feel its just bad genetics?
Seeds where from 420-seeds.com (free pack with purchase)
Medium: Coco
Ph always between 5.5 - 5.8
Nutrition was fox farms Tiger bloom feed 2times a week. (5ml per gal) Sunday and wendsdays… also cal-meg(6-7 ml per gal)

2 Likes

Shes harvested now but, this is how bad she looked…

2 Likes

I have grown Durban Poison and other than being tall AF, behaved like a hybrid :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Sorry to say I think you bought dud seeds. Free seeds with purchase from a bank called 420 seeds, and further to that the seeds hermied. What we do know about any seeds that hermie is they are inferior genetics and should be thrown away.

Landrace seeds can be difficult to grow and susceptible to environmental factors that they are not used to however I have seen some that thrive in different conditions. Here is a good post from the Rev:

Landrace cultivar indica hashplants

Ye olden Hashplants is what most of these Indica types are, and they usually come from the Middle East but also from The Bhutan and other locations. These strains usually give some people problems due to their need for higher pH ranges and higher mineral intake; and like the sativa landrace types, you don’t want to over-love them, and they usually handle drought or underwatering quite well, but really don’t dig on overwatering at all. Here’s some bullet points… Source

4 Likes

Now that I think about it, PH burn would cause my plant to look like this… I had another plant look similer when I first started growing… hummmmm. Thanks @chrisj

2 Likes

Nice article :+1:t2:

2 Likes

if your growing Landrace strains you wont need to add separate nutrients. just buy a bag of compost from a garden centre its got plenty of nutrients in it. when landraces grow in various places around the world mother nature takes care of them. the ground supplys the nutrients . and mother nature provides the water yes Rain. indica landrace are easy to manage. stativa landraces can grow very tall and can be a real challenge if grown indoors.

1 Like