Doobienoobie is here

Yeah I wasn’t considering the slight acidic water. It definitely is something I should’ve. But it’ll work long enough to see if it’s a viable setup. If so I’ll order some stainless. Seems like it will cost me about $60 to $80 to get stainless. Lol what’s another couple bucks in a way over budget build lol. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

@modshot if you go up to the top post you can see some pics of my setup.

2 Likes

Hi Doobie. I’m interested in hearing how your bigger rooms works out. My name’s Danielsan. I work at a licensed grow and I have my own medical. Have you used LEDs in the past?

D

3 Likes

Yes that’s actually all I’ve used so no experience outside of them. I pulled 21 ounces out of my last full grow in my small room so my hope for the first full run in the bigger room is to exceed the three pound mark. Although with reg seeds that will depend on how many ladies I get. Subsequent runs will be clone only after this upcoming one.

4 Likes

And now so is @mrcrabs

4 Likes

Yay glad he made it

3 Likes

One of us needs to design a flexible cooling system using some kind of conduit/pipe/hose that simply channels cooled liquid through it. We could then install the conduit/pipe/hose inside our reservoirs for cooling and avoid running nutrient solution through the chiller. I wonder if there are PC cooling options that could be fitted for our needs.

4 Likes

I have some parts to do do one of those. Never got to it, and I’m sure they’re buried since moving.

4 Likes

I figure it would have to be remote from the tent/grow space because the heat sink side would give off heat. Efficiency might be a problem at our scale.

4 Likes

I agree, my model was to be tested with aero garden, probably wouldn’t help you much lol.

Going off topic a bit, but I think anyone running recirculating system on medium sized scale could pretty easily do simple fan cooled radiator setup. It too would probably have to be outside of grow space. But pump is already there, and car sized radiator and high velocity box fan would probably do it.

I’m not sure if you could tell, but I’ve always used temps and leaks to talk myself out of hydro systems. Now that I’m back to having a basement…

6 Likes

Well so far the coil into res works well. But it would work faster with a actual heat exchanger but you’d need to move water through the outside of it to cool better. And I think the radiator esq coils would gunk up from salts pretty fast. Hmm a small bit of tubing the same pattern used on condensers just without the fins might work. So far my plan is working great. I just need to swap it for stainless steel tubing. Which is ok cause I need to make one of them a little smaller to fit better. But I’ll look around and see what kind of pipe and fittings I can find in stainless then see what I can build. But this way I’m cooling 2 separate systems without any cross contamination.

6 Likes

Hi :wave:

Packee

4 Likes

Hi Packee :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::grin:

3 Likes