Dry Ice Hash - a couple questions?

I want to try dry ice hash. Are all micron bags about the same? Any recommendations?
I’ll be using some lesser bud and a lot of shake. Is the consistency of the material important? Does it need to be ground? I am thinking exposure to the dry ice will probably break it up pretty well.
Is the dry ice/weed ratio important? What is affect of more verses less ice dry ice?

Anything else you wish you new before you gave dry ice hash a shot?

6 Likes

when is dry ice I only use two bags - 93micron and 120 microns-- if you ony want to use 1 bag use the 160 micron one can use a 220 after the 2 or 1 bag for your edibels Remeber to shake 3-5 minutes per bag .As long as you break the dry ice up 1 lb or so ( of course depening on the amount of pot) (4-5 oz-) you will get the hang of it after 1x _ Happy Shaking !!! It’s easy o affect because of dry ice --Hey in 15 “minutes you are done easy cleab up and can smoke the “return” right after you shake, shake, shake Wacky Willy” is a good source for bags, and all extraction stuff

3 Likes

I’m not sure about a lot of it, as I’m just about to try it for the first time myself. I ended up getting a 5gal 5bag setup with good reviews on Amazon.
I do know I read several places that the consistency is imperative, as is the humidity level. I’d Google it and read about it on several sites before deciding anything. There’s ALLT of info out there on it, as well as some major seed supplier ss sites.

4 Likes

Which bags are you looking at?

3 Likes

I was looking at the ipower 5 or 8 bag sets in either 1 or 5gal sizes on Amazon. Also, is there anyway to make ice hash without dry ice; I live in the sticks at the moment and I have no idea where I could source dry ice at around here.
Thanks a lot,
Jory

2 Likes

I bought these - iPower 1-Gallon 8 Herbal Bubble Hash Bag Ice

3 Likes

Where did you get your bags from?? Are they the all bags that fit in 5 gallon buckets? I’ve been searching the shops near me but all I can find is the small bags for pressing rosin. I was thinking of making me som hash using the same method with all the trim and what nots.

3 Likes

Amazon! I got 1 gallon size but they had 5 gallon as well. 8 different micron size bags in the set.

5 Likes

I asked your question on a local hash whatsapp group I am on, I was told to not even bother with dry ice unless I am willing to use all the bags, therefore not to get a mixed grade of hash. They said just stick with bubble ice. Maybe @hoppiefrog can elaborate and give some advice.

4 Likes

You end up with 4-5x as much product and can still wash it if shaken into iced water but depends on the strain really what u get and if worth while.we have moved to a dry sift instead for the most part. A static sift will provide the full melt and it’s a better trade off on yields imo. But there’s a time and place for each system and different strains perform differently with different style extractions. Live resin is best for dry ice , dry sift is easy with most afgans, washing sativas is easier than a sift lots of factors as far as the and moisture content

9 Likes

@hoppiefrog @chrisj Ya’ll never fail to amaze me with depth of knowledge and the willingness to share it freely. I have my sights set on Dry Ice this time but will be trying all of the above.
Thanks all!

5 Likes

Howdy @hoppiefrog , thanks for your solid input. I am glad you are going ahead with what you want to do. :Lets see some pictures when you get washing.

5 Likes

It will be the static tec I can share I have to pay two grand for the wash/ air dry tec and I have to agree not to share or post his tec unfortunately

5 Likes

Also have to send him product of ours to wash for the live video lessons they will be thru a format I can’t screen record. His air dry tec is second to none

7 Likes

The problem with dry ice it’s easy to go overboard and it’s too aggressive on plant material due to the extreme cold and larger pieces of ice. The outcome is lower quality hash with lots of plant materials mixed in. Stick with bubble hash using just regular ice what also helps is to pre freeze your plant material before you make your hash.

1 Like