Drying in higher temps

Hey hey. Well, I’ve made it this far. This stage has been on my mind before I even thought about planting a seed. I created a new thread to hopefully find some with similar conditions.

My drying room temps will be 75-82. I can control humidity a bit, not always dead on. I’m assuming my dry is going to go a bit faster which I know isn’t ideal. I’ve pounded the pavement on trying to figure out a good way to slow it down. I’ve heard paper bags, box, wet towels etc etc.

With higher temps, how should I compensate with my humidity? Also, if I get to a snap in 3-4 days, should I then go into paper bags potentially?

Would love to know how YOU would go about if you had to. I’ve literally gotten this far with the help of you all :pray: :green_heart:

5 Likes

This sounds like a dream to me, lol. My partner takes care of drying and curing. I would suggest that if those are ready in only a few days, perhaps seal your business away in some black jars or whatever you use, and add a humidity bag as well.

As I have said I don’t handle the drying, but I know when I add a humidity bag to my business, it brings back flavor, aroma, and strength. Since I can stuff about two zips into a black jar, I use the 67 Boveda bags.

Be sure you begin a burp regiment also. I hope this helps it some one has a better suggestion for you.

1 Like

Are you going to wash your plants? OK here’s how I see it in my long winded way.
I recommend washing in a peroxide solution and then rinsing twice. This will kill any mold spores you might have on your plants. If you can find something that you can do this in with the whole plant that would be best. I wouldn’t remove any leaves off of the plant. I would wash the whole plants if possible drip dry them and then hang them. Soon as the leaves start to dry out Break it down to smaller branches and go into box or bags. Leaving all the foliage on the plant will slow it down by at least a day or two. Doing a wash will help prevent any mold from showing up. Air movement is important. I put fans directly on the plants until they stop dripping. Then I turn the fan down to low and turn it to the side just to make air move through the room or area the plants are in.

8 Likes

You are correct - with temps like you mentioned - generally dry for 3-4 days at most (hanging) then put in a large plactic tub with lid and let them “sweat” for a few days --opening tub’s once a day for turning, ect— after which put in jars (amber mason jars) have kind of lost a grow because letting plant dry too much, it influenced taste in a negative way ( the old saying high temp influence terpene’s) Ater hanging cut buds are some what days - not wet but “spongey” they finich off in the tub before I jar. Hope this helps. as we all know curring is were you make it or loose it !!! then again strain can be the variable - indica buds that are hard , need some attention and sativa bud (fluffy ) can even have a shorter dat time – I don;t use the “old” way = hang till you here a snap when bending a branch (might work for indica’s

1 Like