Drying not ideal temperature and humidity

Hey, so due to the rot I had to harvest one week earlier, I have flushed it a week before. Now I am drying it in the loft (right under the roof) but the conditions are not ideal. In the daytime the temperatures are very high, up to 34 celsius (because the weather is very warm up to 31 celsius) and the humidity is low - about 35%. So I have installed a fan there, which helps a bit, maybe 30 degrees is there. Is that very bad or can it work ?
Also in the night the temperatures lower to 20 degrees (maybe even lower) because the window is open, and the humidity is about 60-70% (and I have to turn the fan off in the night).
So I guess the conditions should be exactly between those two right … Are these fluctuations bad ? Should I consider moving it elsewhere ?

I dont have ideal room for it … the garage could work, tho the humidity there is 65% so I dont want to risk a rot…
Or I could put it in my room, where the conditions should be better, tho with lower humidity.

What do you think ?
@kapouic @oldguy @hoppiefrog

2 Likes

@jardinero. Cooler temps of 20 c will def help save the smell and flavour. Bit lower if you could would be better but …
60-65 % rh is right where you’d want to be for a slower dry / cure too.
Just keep a fan blowing but not directly at it.
:v:

3 Likes

Hey @jardinero you also want more consistent ambient temperatures, not those huge fluctuations in temp and humidity.

3 Likes

So if in my garage is temperature about 20c and humidity 65% I should move it there ? Isnt the humidity dangerous for a bud rot ? (i already had a problem with that while growing)

2 Likes

If you managed to trim out all the bud rot At harvest and did a bud wash then you should be ok to dry in the garage.
If you didn’t wash then a bit less humidity may be necessary to get the buds dry enough to prevent any further mold from forming.
Good air flow and exchange is key to keep temps and rh in check.
:v:

3 Likes

Yup consistency is the key always moving towards dryness, never re humidify and lower than 70f and 60-65 rh is the goal 62 being a bulls eye;)

1 Like

Personally I prefer to just remove the bud rot and not wash ,loose too many terps imo unless it was bad…

2 Likes

Was it a epic loss? Less than 50 is great if so, if not I don’t loose much in the dry process if u were vigilant at spotting rot and removing it

1 Like

Well I removed most of parts of the bigger buds, so I would say that the loss was kinda bad :((

So unfortunately I couldn’t move it somewhere else, but I tried to improve the conditions, so there was constant airflow etc. But it doesn’t have much of a fragrancy, hope it will change.
But now it seems to me that it’s dry enough. The smaller stems crack but the bigger ones just kinda fold but don’t make a crack. The buds are dried too, but I don’t want to cure it too early or too late. Should I take it? Is better to underdry or over ?
:smiley:

@oldguy @kapouic @hoppiefrog @chrisj @mouse935

1 Like

I’d start with taking the smaller ones that crack and start curing them leave the other bigger ones until they crack just my opinion might not be right lol

1 Like