Drying your Crop

You are better than me i cant wait till i can put fire to some of these nugs :laughing: :grimacing::grimacing:

4 Likes

its much wetter. Keep a close eye. No bud rot!

1 Like

@kdawg… In that situation above I’d say no fan just because of the tiny area it would speed up the drying process too much… I dry in a small tent with it completely open in my room with 1 fan on the other side of room on low just to circulate the air… drying process should be done slowly… never put a fan blowing directly on your harvest

5 Likes

@katmwall here is a trim tray

4 Likes

I totally agree with you scotty. My drying area is my garage due to its humid nature.

3 Likes

Makes perfect sense in a small space I didn’t think about that part thanks for clarifying. :+1::v:

2 Likes

Exactly bro… in my tent the buds right after I harvest will keep the tent humidity by themselves around 55 when it completely open… I keep it open to allow stale air to escape and new air coming in… no rot or mold ever and no air directly on them

4 Likes

I converted a File cabinet into a drying area, with a small Dehumidifier… Temps are staying around 72 with the RH between 59-65… right now im only testing 2 small buds … but sunday this comes down…

I will also be lining the file cabinet with plastic just to keep them clean, and no direct contact with the metal file cabinet… idk im trying… think it will work??

4 Likes

deviously delicious!

1 Like

Just saw this video had me confused… Has anyone heard of stem splitting?? It said to help stress you plant into producing more thc to take a blade and make a vertical cut 3 to 5 inches on the base of stem?? Anyone heard of this?

1 Like

Yes it’s been around for a long time. Can’t say if it actually works or not.

2 Likes

I’ve seen alot of people use that technique in the past and they swear by it’s stressing technique to force more trichome development. I personally prefer a form of HST where I damage the stem to form multiple knuckles all the way up the stem. Works the same way to stress trichome production.

4 Likes