Drying your Crop

Soo A few Questions about drying and curing…

Are you rock hard buds suppose to stay rock hard throughout this process? Is it natural for them to loosen up a bit? Or is this due to humanity??

I made a diy drying chamber… keeps the RH down to 59 -65… temps stay at 70-75 i know this not optimal but its what i have to work with…

Will lose my smell and flavor? I have 2 small buds testing eveything out untill sunday. Thats when Biscotti comes down… And input is appreciated !
Diy Drying chamber

5 Likes

Humid, cool and dark! I don’t have the technicals… i grow by braille. Lol

4 Likes

See I only grow 2 plants so I just dry in my tent I leave the lights on 12 12 and run the fans as if I were still growing then I start my new poslings when flower is dry don’t know if that’s helpful or not

1 Like

Podlings not poslings lol

1 Like

I dry bry hanging upside down for about a week the buds and stems will feel dry not soft then i finish trimming then all buds go into oven roasting bags with a boveda 62 and this is closed and puti nto a black garbage bag i open the bags every day fluff my bud give it an air exchange close it. Do this every day for 2 weeks this is part of the curing process. Then I put in amber Mason jars I continue to burp them every few days for another 2 weeks. And tada… some cure differently for different amounts of time find what works for you. Remember light and air are not your buds friends… good luck!!!

7 Likes

I’m like @Slym3r everything by feel… I do complete darkness when drying… when leaves turn on the crunchy side i do my trim and into the jars they go for curing… I burp daily… the nugs will lose some water weight but they will remain hard

6 Likes

I am a first time grower coming up on my harvest and these are the supplies i have for it
Boveda rh 62
4 -1 ounce mason jars
A trim tray

I am just still unclear on process… Can i get a step by step? I have and indoor grow and i will be using my grow tent to dry… Humidity in tent is about 45 with no lights on and will i need to keep a fan in there?

2 Likes

No fan @dankbudz… don’t use the boveda till way later for sure… share pics so we can see… but 1st step first… harvest… 2 days straight lights off before… after that cut each individual branch then hang upside for about a week or if really dense maybe 2… when leaves feel a bit crunchy bust out that trim tray and shears and start taking off sugar and fan leaves till you see nothing but buds… then in the process you will see where each individual buds branch… snip off there then start jarring them up for cure… shake the bottle everyday its called burping… share pics for sure

6 Likes

@scotty17 good info. I’ll be doing this in 2 weeks myself. My first harvest :raised_hands:t4:

4 Likes

have you seen Ed Rosenthal hang an entire plant? I did it with my last harvest. Made things so easy. Lol. Trimmed up fan leaves and hung it.
It stayed wet for ever though…

4 Likes

Try it bro @Slym3r it works… like @bobette once said treat it like a fine wine long and slow… cure is so important for smell and taste im learning

4 Likes

it turned out to be the sweetest and strongest

3 Likes

Just wondering why no fan? Everything I’ve read so far online and in other groups say a fan is vital to help prevent mold and bud rot. Just dont aim it at the buds just use it to circulate air in the room. Not arguing at all, honest question. Thanks :+1::v:

2 Likes

I keep 1 of my fans blowing on low in my tent aimed towards the back wall and down towards the floor @kdawg. I also keep my intake and exhaust fans running on a low setting. I’ve always used a fan during my drying, but you never want it blowing directly on your buds.

3 Likes

I got that dude thanks. Just up there Scotty says no fan. That’s why I was wondering.:+1::v:

3 Likes

Lite breeze. Never towards them. Around them. But really just air movement.

The chlorophyll needs to evaporate off slowly thru the sugar leaves and buds. If you remove all the leaves, cure takes much longer and smell is hard to get back. Even with your humidity packs.

5 Likes

I’m just commenting so I can find this thread later so when it’s my turn to harvest I won’t have to ask the same questions. I do have one question though, What is a trim tray? I haven’t heard of that yet. :relaxed:

2 Likes

a tray with a bottom basket. Top baskets bottom is a mesh screen to harvest your keif. 60 bucks.

1 Like

Thank you @scotty for the info…I will be harvesting soon.

2 Likes

I must say, i’ve read about it & I want to give whole plant cure a try, i’ve come all this way germinating a seed to the constant care and I think my patience can endure longer haha

3 Likes