El-kabong's Chronicles - 2021

I’m a hobbyist grower looking to relieve a little anxiety with this miracle plant saying “don’t let the door hit you on the way out” to 2020!

there were 8 seeds started out in a glass of water with a few drops of hydrogen peroxide 3%.

they soaked a day and a half with some showing a little root tip at that time.

I put the seeds right into their potting media, coco, my second grow with the stuff after a few with Pro Mix HP.

there are 4 regular Mimosa Slurricane, a mix bred by a friend, I’m looking for 1 female

there’s also 4 ILGM feminized, a Sunset Sherbert, a Durban Poison, an Agent Orange and a Cherry Pie.

they will go in coco and perlite in 7 gallon cloth pots, fed with Jack’s 123 pH’ed to 5.8ish, with Dynomyco a mycorrhizal inoculant at transplanting, Bud Blood at flowering, Flower Fuel for a PK boost and maybe Overdrive at the end to finish them off and Silica throughout.

I routinely top one time then Low Stress Train them.

they are under a DIY LED light build

(1) Mean Well LPC-100-500
(10) Bridgelux BXEB-L0280Z-30E1000-C-B3

I have 4 plants in flower under another DIY light fixture

(3) BXEB-L1120Z-30E4000-C-B3
BRIDGELUX
(1) LPC-100-700
MEAN WELL ENTERPRISES

(24) SI-B8V261560WW
SAMSUNG
(3) HLG-185H-C1050A
MEAN WELL ENTERPRISES

P1100335

a Loud Pedal, 2 Banana Kush and a Mango Kush, under 12/12 for 4 weeks now.

I don’t pull fan leaves off routinely, preferring to tuck them away, letting them yellow and die…if the leaf is big and in the way it will be removed but in my mind they are a reserve for mobile nutrients and I like leaving those leaves till they are not useful.

a bud from the last plant above the Loud Pedal

and a visitor to the room

Thanks for stopping by!

23 Likes

Beautiful! Will be following along :blush:

4 Likes

what up @el_kabong looking good as usual and a bunch of seedlings too.

6 Likes

Looks like everyone’s up and happy. Have you changed your light schedule yet?

6 Likes

Thanks for visiting @zeus @smokin_ernie @smhtwo

To the Gas Light Routine?

not yet…I forgot to and I do have a mechanical timer that I can set up for that on - off - on - off - on - off every day, I think I got the right number of on/off’s in there.

5 Likes

Hello @el_kabong, good to see you here my friend.
Your lady’s are looking spectacular as always mate.
I’m along for the ride.
Set to watching…

4 Likes

Wow. Just wow. With another wow.

4 Likes

updates, get your updates!

the seedlings won’t be my babies much longer, the bigger plants got watered and there was a little leftover so these all got a shot of Jacks 123, diluted to half strength cause that’s what I used on the bigger plants.

here’s what going on with the roots, they are all inching towards their next home of 1 gallon pots for a week or so then their last move into 7 gallon cloth pots.

and the almost ready to be harvested crowd, almost being in about a month to 6 weeks…they were due for a plain watering but I gave them a half strength feeding of Jacks instead…I’ll start cutting back on the amount fed soon, a little bit every week till harvest…1 Loud Pedal, 1 Mango Kush, 2 Banana Kush

I’m planning on 6 mature plants fitting under the lights next time, the screened Loud Pedal is at an awkward size, she really grew vigorously.

9 Likes

Wow! Gorgeous work! :star_struck:

3 Likes

thanks @zeus
the seedlings got moved into coco and Dynomyco…Great White, my go to for mycorrhizae, was near the end of it’s shelf life and running low…I tried a sample of Dynomyco and it worked great.

these sacks make dusting the roots with fungus so easy.

a pot of pot!

7 Likes

Seriously. My eyes lit up!

3 Likes

How long have you been gardening? You deff have it dialed in.

4 Likes

So how do you like the Jacks nutes? That is the old Peters company. Looks like they have upped their game. Do you use their whole line? And are they a lot less expensive than the boutique lines? Your plants certainly look healthy.

Also two more questions if you have the time, where do you get the sacks, and do you just plant the sacks after you dust them?

3 Likes

Looking awsome there El-Kabongster.
See you have one lagging in the pot of pot.
You dust your roots in fungersise?
First I’ve seen that mate…

3 Likes

@Slym3r I started about 4 years ago and have had highs and lows gardening, lows usually tied to a change in routine like a new family of nutrients.

the Jacks has been simple to use so far @sssportsmfg and there are a few size price point/combinations available on eBay.
I’ve used Jack’s part a and part b and Epsom salt, Dynomyco, silica, Bud Blood & Flower Fuel so far.

Amazon has cloth sacks for seedlings, eBay has them from China cheaper but at a much slower delivery time…the smaller ones are 10cm x 8cm/3.94" x 3.15"
The roots grow through the sacks, plant the whole thing in the ground.

Hi @Budstone, the smallest one is a Durban Poison.
Last grow that strain was the biggest plant.
The mycorrizhae fungus really encourages plant growth!

8 Likes

@el_kabong. Im running jacks also. I use silica humic acid kelp extract tribus also have the jacks bloom flower fuel and a bunch of other additives. Whats the bud blood. Is it like bud candy? Dont really remember but r u in coco or soil. Mines is a mixed coco and ffof

5 Likes

@Mark0427 Bud Blood is an Advanced Nutrients powder supplement meant to be used one time at the very beginning of flowering.
it was recommended a few years back to help slow stretch and push out bigger flowers, it works for me.
I like dry nutrients and supplements, they usually have a longer shelf life and why pay for someone else to mix the stuff?
I’m using 80% coco 20% perlite

7 Likes

Sorry to jump in @el_kabong but can you explain the Slow stretch and push out bigger flowers? I’m just about to reup on nutes and it seams everyone is going dry. Thanks

4 Likes

What up Kabongster?

As of right now, I’m not planning on growing at all. It’s not permanent, just seems like every task I do nowadays is like climbing a mountain and growing is no exception.

Right now my plan is to run slightly larger than normal Spaghetti tubing in my auto pots to try and run organics instead of synthetics in any upcoming grows. My last outdoor grow was the first time I said to hell with pHing and testing ppms while only using a veg compost tea and a flowering compost tea and couldn’t be happier with yield, taste, and smell, but as for now I’m tired and distallate cartridges work the best for me anyways at the moment.

I’m hopeful that 2-3 months will be all that it takes to start again. If I can do that everything will be A OK.

I will be following along on your grows to keep me inspired and motivated though and if I can get these compost teas to work as well inside as I did outside, then that will be motivation in itself to keep growing, at least “lazy style” growing, lol. My best and most favorite style :slightly_smiling_face:

I try my best not to love these things to death. I did very well with that approach until it got so lazy that I just left the plants to themselves lol

I don’t want this happening again lol

I need more results like this, and that’s lazy style… compost tea, no ph, no ppm… I’m sure I’ll get back there

Later KB

5 Likes

Strange, all my images loaded, I could view them, then they glitched into the matrix or something and I can’t see a one if them.

Need rest, I’ll figure it out later

Peace

5 Likes