Electric bill

Dim your lights durning veg !

In veg turn your light on for 11 hours then off for 6 hours then on for one hour then back off for 6 hours. That will reduce tour electrical cost immediately.

4 Likes

Idk how it works down there but in Canada you need a time of day meter to get the of set hrs discount.

2 Likes

The space heater can use up to 100$ USD a month alone . A heat pump is necessary. But tbh I think your electricity is bleeding into the ground somewhere I have 3 8" fans ,1 24" fan, a big air pump 6 pedistil fans, 8 1000 w hps, 1 315 cmh. Two sump pumps,timers up the wazoo, vacuuming daily. 18000btu heat pump, 4000w of baseboard heat lol ECT … And my bill is a bit smaller and I do have power bleeding to ground lol… I’d say u have a power grid issue bro;)

4 Likes

I’m in California we Have peak hours that are more expensive from 8 AM till 8 PM then it’s cheaper from 8 PM till 8 AM

1 Like

I’m going to do some research, good call on the heater it’s just there for a precautionary measure at night but it’s almost spring so I think I could cut that out

3 Likes

U must have time of day meters or there’s no way to tell hrs u use the power :wink: they are pricey if u don’t

2 Likes

Have you considered the 12-1 growing method. It can reduce your electrical bill by up to half. There is already a post about the 12-1.

A bit scary about your electrical bill, not good standing out from your neighbors. Good luck with finding a couple solultions to reduce it.

saveelectrictygrowingcannabis

8 Likes

Exactly!!! That is who taught me!!! Joe is so right.

6 Likes

Yes he has been pushing this method for years, many people are slow to pick it up and it does save while increase yield. Are you near Joe, send him my regards and hope his health is improving. Been growing his genetics for years. Top stuff.

6 Likes

I have not seen him in years but he has my gratitude and respect.

4 Likes

Have you tried this before? I don’t want to hermaphrodite my plants

3 Likes

Here’s some reading on it, it’s called the gas lantern technique :nerd_face:

5 Likes

@bradahhaole is probably the most decorated grower here ,I think u can take is word for it he’s a true pro :wink:

6 Likes

I do this at my commercial grow. It works. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m definitely liking that method @chrisj @bradahhaole… I usually slowly decrease times… I don’t just flip to a 12/12 I’ve finally hit my 12/12 this week… @bradahhaole do you think it might be a good idea to make my target times to the 8 on 16 off? @bradahhaole … I’ve heard you shouldn’t go below 10 hours off but that was only from one person

3 Likes

Hey @scotty17 I found 10 hours to be an important number. I only give 11 hours of light. The important thing to consider is your light quantity and quality.

6 Likes

I’m definitely going to try this!

3 Likes