Em1 recepies

Ironically enough I was under the impression that all anaerobic bacteria was bad too but apparently there are some that can be used and have beneficial results

2 Likes

I am doing the same thing with my untoasted malted barley now that I have had time to think about it… making good bacteria…

1 Like

I think my grow room is steril enough to make some em1 probiotics this week.ill get it started so I can use it on the aficionados seeds coming soon.

1 Like

I forget @paulcoyote do u make your own?

Hi @hoppiefrog!

Yes, I make my own efficient microorganisms. The recipe:

• Go to a forest. Grab the decaying leaves and first two centimeters of soil.
  • Sieve in a 5mm mesh and separate rocks and green leaves.
  • Make a 1:1 mixture of milk serum with molasses. You can use raw milk or raw yogurt as well. Must be raw, not pasteurized.
  • Mix the soil/leaves with the same volume of wheat bran or similar.
  • Add, little by little, the serum/molasses liquid to the soil/leaves mix until it is wet but not dripping.
  • Compact the mixture in a tight container, store it 2-3 weeks in a warm place away from the sun.

And… That’s all folks! Now you have Solid EM that can be used directly in soil, dissolved in water and sprayed on, added to water or even you can drink it for indigestion.

Greetings from Ecuador!

5 Likes

Thanks @paulcoyote much appreciated .that’s a different tec than I have seen ,I’ll give it a try it’s super simple :wink:

2 Likes

You are welcome @hoppiefrog!

The following photo is from a liquid reactor. Once you have the solid EM, dissolve one kilos of molasses per every 100 liters of water. Put one kilo of solid EM in a cheese cloth or similar and put it in the barrel. After a couple of days, respitration gases start to bubble in the water trap on top. After about ten days, bubbling reduces and there you have liquid EM ready to use.
Dissolve it in water 1:20 and you can use it anywhere, from soil enhancer to clean your bathroom.

(The pipes in the right to pour the liquid EM never worked, not enough gas pressure inside the barrel).

4 Likes

Amazing and knowledgeable info here. Almost got me excited to get involved in EM’s again and make my garden really grow. Was chatting to a hippy permaculturist over a beer on Saturday about this topic as we have a mutual friend who does EM on a very large scale up north. Anyway last April I was at this specific guys plot, staying over for some canna fests and talking EM. He uses them to rejuvenate a polluted river he lives on, pours EM in the bucket load upstream and swears by it. I never knew you could make the base product of EM so easily and cheaply at home. I have all the ingredients right here.

But yes then my warning bells go off. And just throw caution to the wind, although many of us are responsible my mate almost burnt down his house and workshop because of manufacturing EM. Below is an image of a burnt out tank, it took out half his workshop and was due to some faulty wiring.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzOfpimI5r0/

Looks nasty!

The basic processes I learnt uses no energy. I learnt about EM first time in Nicaragua and had formal training in Cuba where it is used for everything!

2 Likes

Em1 is the most important part of my living soil program beyond the actual soil. Breaks stuff down and polices the microbes and fungi. Not a spot of mold in my worst kept garden to date, high temps and a sealed room no prob break out the em1!! Not much kills bud rot other than bleach not that that’s a option em1 does np

4 Likes

Is this like LAB in a way or how is this different in making? You dont discard the rice instead you use the rice and ferment it or are we still using the rice wash water like when we make LAB? If that being said where do you get a photosynthetic bacteria?? @hoppiefrog

1 Like

The big thing is the bacteria also called purple unsulpured bacteria. It takes a trio to make a true probiotic ,a bacteria,a fungi and a probiotic bacteria working in unison.

1 Like

Tbh only one person in Canada with such a connection. Be great if u can find someone willing to sell some lol. Hard stuff to find someone willing to sell /share lol.they are afraid of competition

1 Like

www.freshnmarine.com › products
Web results
PSB Purple Non Sulfur Bacteria 1000ml - Fresh N Marine

Easier to find than thought

Here’s link to another co
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fishmanshop.com/en/additives_wateradjustment_otherbrands_en/571-psb-purple-non-sulfur-bacteria-1000ml-psb55.html&ved=2ahUKEwibvMyursnvAhVOh-AKHUgtBMEQFjASegQIMxAC&usg=AOvVaw1LaulQVLAg4IitOUblhois

1 Like

Probably an amazing addition to a hydro set up it’s marketed for ponds so likely a water friendly bacterium

Also essential to a aquaponics set up , psb eats amonia and other toxins