Emerson effect and Exotic Booster board....best way to use

Exactly right, UV rays are DNA damaging agents, so the plants shift from photosynthesis (growth) to defense mode in response to UV radiation…that we observe with our eyes as sugar and trichome production (the trichomes are suggested to coat the plant in defense).

Emerson allows quicker flowering, we should say more robust flowering, because of the increase in photosynthesis. The plant produces an abundance of energy molecules (ATP and NADPH) that are used in later reactions in the plant to produce all the lovely metabolites we want trapped in the trichromes.

2 Likes

Well Emerson effect is all about deep reds and far reds. If I were to run uva or uvb would be when lights are on. Lights go out run far reds around 3-10 minutes ion a timer. They recommend 13/11 light cycle. @hellraiser knocked off one week of flower with a strain he’s familiar with so he knows…I can’t recall if he changed his cycle to 13/11 though I don’t recall I might have been high then :joy:
What I’ve researched is after lights out it takes your plants up to 2 hrs to actually sleep and far reds put them there faster :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Yes I been thinking I will go ahead and get another power supply, that way I can put timers on each and hit em with the UV at the beginning of lights on for about 15min…then again 15 min before lights out, then the Emerson board for 10 minutes after main lights out. I have timers that I can program like that. But in order to do that I have to get another power supply, the timers only work on 110v not the DC from the power supply to the drivers on the boards.

That two hour period is likely a normal “biological window” with the plant finishing off photosynthesis from the daylight hours. The Emerson effect ramps up photosynthesis so it probably “flushes” the chloroplasts of their photosynthetic capacity quicker and shifts to sugar and metabolite production in the “dark reactions”.

1 Like

So 13 hrs on 11 hrs off, plant sleeps fast with far reds therefore the extra hr per day and over your whole flower period takes one week off flower time. So in most cases flower is around 2 months / 8 weeks so those extra 56 hrs on during that period= shorter flower…
kind of interesting isn’t it? Lol

1 Like

Indeed it is! And really interested to see if this not only shortens and enhances the flowering…but also if it makes em’ stickier lol.

2 Likes

Sticky is good takes longer to cure to smoke but hahah :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Why I was considering my new
Light with a few uva or b and no ir and do my ir separate… doesn’t take a lot of wattage and I don’t know really what the difference would be between 15 and 30 or more watts for ir… I thinks hells is 15 watt bulbs…
Good discussion :v:t2::grin::v:t2: