Error 43 device descriptor request failed

Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum. I have a problem with my ESP32-ROVER Kit bought in The first time I played with it, I plugged it into a USB and there was a demo code (a demo for RGB led and LCD display), so that’s was fine. Then I installed a platform whit the SDK IDF so I decided to write a simple Hello world demo using Arduino Libraries. The compilation was fine and platformio write the code. Unfortunately, never it worked. I unplugged my development board from USB and I plugged in once. The D4 LED and RGB led blink on four times in color red, and my Windows 10 show me this message Device unknown USB “Error 43 device descriptor request failed” in Device Manager.

I searched in google similar discussions and… nothing, also I tried entering to boot mode but it doesn’t fix it. Can you help me please. Regards

2 Likes

Hi @jscott , your error means there is no communications between device and computer. I would try restarting both, try again. I would also try another USB slot and also try a computer with a different operating system on, Windows 11? Another thing to try is disconnect all other USB devices from your computer ( printers, webcams etc ) restart and try again.

1 Like

Can any help with this problem?
USB (3 ports) not working. But when the plugged the USB mouse device, the mouse does get charged. device descriptor request failed error
Device Manager shows “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)”.
Running Windows 10 64 bit. Tried everything like uninstalling, updating, etc as the information on the internet. Also, updated the drivers but still getting the error.

2 Likes

The compilation was fine and platformio write the code. Unfortunately, never it worked.

I read now that you changed the code. Maybe you can reset the controller to factory settings? Other than that I think your only solution is to contact the supplier.

1 Like