Excommunicato's Journal

Hi guys I’m new here I just wanted a little feedback on my grow. This is my 2nd one. First one was absolute garbage.

9 Likes

Hey hello there. Ok post a couple pics of your grow.
And tell us what strain ya have. Lights equipment. Nutrients your using. And well see what we can help you grow.

11 Likes

hey @excommunicato

Welcome to GN and good to hear you starting a journal. Like Prey says, post pictures, give us some more details and you will get feedback.

7 Likes

Hey Ex! LOL if you have lurked here long you will know how common “First one/grow was absolute garbage.” I am certainly in that camp. My second grow based on advice from here produced 1 1/4 lbs of some damn decent bud out of basically a 4x4 room.

You have come to the right place and one of the best @PreyBird1 has already given you good advice. The more you share about your grow, the more and better help you will get.

I’ll be watching and learning.

7 Likes

Sorry about the untimely response. I had to wait until my light came back on to get some good pics. I’m currently running 1- Maxisun 1500w led full spectrum light 150w from the wall. I was thinking of getting a second one but idk if I should. I’m only growing 3 plants in a closet. Here’s my girls 4 days into flower!

9 Likes

Also I’m running basic nutrients currently, I ran fox farm grow big/ big bloom. And in flower im going to be running Fox farm Tiger Bloom. I ordered some Big bud, and CAL MAG also. How do you guys feel about “Terpene boosters” or " Finishing/Flushing agents" like (bud candy etc)

3 Likes

Also…I know I’m going to get shit on for this…the first picture…idk what strain that is…it can be one of 2. Either cereal and milk or Headband, the second one or red pot is wookies, the third one or grey pot is a dosido.

6 Likes

Those dont Look too bad. Whats that woody bark stuff onto of the soil? Whats all over the fly paper? Dirt? was it dropped lol.

2 Likes

Those are fungus gnats

3 Likes

Watch your watering. That attracts them and sometime they are in soil. Thats why i dont like soil as much.

2 Likes

hey Mr Preybird how are u doin my friend I just wanted to wish U and urs a very nice Thanksgiving and be well and be safe

4 Likes

Hey you too. Happy turkey day.

2 Likes

Week 2 of flowering. I switched to the Fox farm flowering nutrients. Every week I add 2 tsp of brown sugar in place of molasses. Every 3rd watering is pure water to help keep the salts down in the soil. For the 1st 3 weeks I will continue to to foliar feeding. The foliar feeding in the first week of flowering has fixed yellowing and some other deficiencies.

Quick question though…I live in apartments would I need to worry about the smell from 3 plants??

7 Likes

“Do i need to worry about the smell from 3 plants?”

Hopefully!

7 Likes

Yes even 1 plant will smell. Depending on the strain. All my strains are seriously smelly. I have to run a carbon pre-filter. Then i run a 6" ozone generator before it exits the grow. And in the big flower room i run a longer ventilation system that goes up to the roof and out. It like 50’ long to mix my ozone air to scrub it of smells and VOC’s before it discharges outside.

4 Likes

I mean I know it’s going to smell like weed but I don’t want my neighbors to smell it. That’s about all I would be concerned about. But it’s just a small clost grow.

3 Likes

Use just a little carbon filter. Better safe then sorry. Im not in a legal state. So i dont mess around. And nobdy goes to my grow but me and my wife.

3 Likes

Same! Would an 4 inch with a carbon filter directly on top 8n the room be enough found one on Amazon for $60.

1 Like

The bigger the filter the longer it lasts. I like 6" vent tube. So 6" filter is fine for me. I dont use air intake fans. Only air out of the tents at the top by the lights to scavenge the heat. Air in is all negative presure.

6 Likes

Are you going for a higher " vpd"? I heard about setups like yours. Easier to control environment and supposedly promotes robust growth.

…but I’ll keep that in mind when I’m shopping I’m just trying to do it all as cheap as possible so when I perfect growing I soil I’ll expand and experiment more. Thanks for the help.

4 Likes