Excommunicato's Journal

The bigger the filter the longer it lasts. I like 6" vent tube. So 6" filter is fine for me. I dont use air intake fans. Only air out of the tents at the top by the lights to scavenge the heat. Air in is all negative presure.

6 Likes

Are you going for a higher " vpd"? I heard about setups like yours. Easier to control environment and supposedly promotes robust growth.

…but I’ll keep that in mind when I’m shopping I’m just trying to do it all as cheap as possible so when I perfect growing I soil I’ll expand and experiment more. Thanks for the help.

4 Likes

for “VPD” you need a air-tight grow area _ bby the loks of it you are doing just fine !!! with much room for improvement - like us all - This is a good fourm to learn - another one is “GrowWeedEasycom” great for beginners and novice grower + - site has many pictures —Check it out !! you got very good info from members- all soild sound advice – Remember to “keep it simple” at first and we learn something new after each grow ----Happy Cultivation !!!

2 Likes

I didn’t see this question before…it’s compost over the top. I used my own homemade compost instead of making compost tea. One reason is that I don’t have a bubbler. The second being I don’t want to brew bad pathogens and risky infecting my plants. So every so often I will top dress just around the base of the plant with compost. I didn’t want to use things like “recharge” as I’m a beginner and i don’t want to burn them. So I just do that like very month and then brown sugar every week with the water to keep the microbes up.

BTW @PreyBird1 I tried supercropping a top branch and a very pungent smell came through almost immediately and I’m in week 2. So I will be investing in the fan and carbon filter very soon.

5 Likes

@HawkMan Do you see anything that jumps out at you immediately that I can fix or try out? I’m always open to input.

3 Likes

This is a safe place. No one will be taking crap.

3 Likes

your grow look great !!! – one’s grow can always improve be it what ever - basicly find what works for you ( consider time and money) Found a company called “Elemental Nutrients.com” it’s a 3 part Myco based nutrient line (only 3 bottles)(sample pack available) plants yields really increased with this and their “bloom booster” is rated in top 10 on some list. will be happy to give you some other products / what type are you looking for ? your plant training looks good also . “learn something new after each grow”

3 Likes

I just read through what you got going. I went kind of fast so I might’ve missed something but if your having a fungus gnats problem that can cause root problems. If you’re adding homemade compost you could be introducing fungus gnats just by adding it. Recharge is a great product it is not a fertilizer it is microbes. I’ve never heard of it burning anything. I use it on my soil grows outside with great success. To treat for the fungus gnats I would suggest getting some diatomaceous earth and dusting the top of your soil. Mosquito bits also work well.

6 Likes

By dust do you mean a thin layer of sand? Next grow I will definitely invest in the recharge I’ve read a bit abiut and listened to some reviews. Sounds like it’s almost needed.

Ok I will get on that immediately, im almost finished with 2nd week of flower and I dont want issues. But to be fair. The fungus gnats aren’t as bad as they were in the beginning. I more more likely introduced millions of eggs into my soil because that compost was homemade it works well for what I want it to do but the gnats are a but annoying. Thanks for the dive bro.

4 Likes

Would you recommend it over the vanilla fox farm regime? And I’m really scared of nutes sometimes especially the solids.

4 Likes

Mosquito bits for the larvae. Its BTI bacteria that eats the biotches from the inside. I just scratch it into the top of the medium whether I have the gnatties or not, preventative maint. DE for the crawlers, but have a watering plan, its doesn’t do squat when wet aside from add silica(good thing)

5 Likes

I have a habit of drying the pots out until they start to wilt a little. I wouldn’t have to worry about any toxicity to the plant when I water? From what I understand it’s a solid.

6 Likes

Nope, not from the BTI or the DE…no problems if anything drying out the top will help.

5 Likes

check out Insect Farass (Build-a-Soil)

4 Likes

Really can’t do that - every grwoer has his methods - how they are found is trying “new” “stuff” for the amount of money $10.00 (sample pack) it’s little money invested,and possible a better grow. Myco are proven [products that help the root zone therefore your root ball ='s bigger plants and yields

5 Likes

I’ll have to check it out, I have a liquid version of this I think called Chitosal, but I have an aversion to Folair Feed. I’ll have to try that root drench in frass Chitin.

4 Likes

@PreyBird1 @Dog_Fart1 @HawkMan @mrwonderful

Ok, so I’ve been looking around for an inline fan and carbon filter…from what I’ve been gathering nothing is reliable because of hidden reviews. I have a small closet grow of 3 plants. What brand, and size would you recommend? I don’t want to spend too much either. But I do have neighbors.

5 Likes

Vivosun, ac infinity. I like the ones that come with prefilter covers.

5 Likes

Id go 6in AC infinity w/67 control and the biggest carbon scrubber you can afford (more surface area to do its job and less air flow restriction), as @PreyBird1 said prefilter, you’d be surprised how dirty these girls are. If that doesnt knock the smell out, drop a small inline UV/ozone gen in the outlet duct side, be careful of too much O3 tho its a HD oxidizer, so run on a timer when stinkiest.

6 Likes

My next fan will be the AC Infinity with the smart controller. It will eliminate 2 existing controllers and their associated power cords. I have heard only good things about them but a little pricey. A small room could get by with a 4" fan but 6" allows you to expand later and if you hang around here long you WILL be expanding even if it doesn’t seem possible right now. Just my $.02

9 Likes