Experimenting with JADAM and JMS

After watching some videos about the JADAM method of organic gardening and seeing incredibly positive results in the gardens using it, I decided to try it. Being an avid gardener of veggies and super hot peppers, but a newbie to cannabis, I want to see if I get similar results.

I made the JMS (JADAM Microbial Solution) by boiling three russet potatoes, then blending them into a thick liquid. I filled a five gallon bucket with tap water (added StressCoat to remove the chloramine). I poured the blended potatoes into a paint straining bag and tied it closed. I put a couple of handfuls of leaf-mold into another straining bag and tied it closed.

I suspended both in the water and covered the bucket. I left it in the sun for two days then, voila, the bubbly goodness that is JMS was ready. It MUST be diluted before use.
I put about 1/2 cup of it in a two gallon watering can and lightly poured it over my two young plants.
I will update in a week or so with results; good, bad, and meh.
I appreciate suggestions from any of you that have tried it!

5 Likes

U’ll never catch me trying this here but always wonder about it. Lol. The slimy top of the waters and the nasty looking stuff just deters me from wanting to try it. I’m gonna watch and see how it works. I’m sure u can throw so banana peels in there orange peels apple peels ect all have great things that benefit cannabis plants hell dump it half cans of beer from day before in the mix also my wife’s uncle does all kinds of crazy stuff to his plants but I’m not gutsy enough :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

It does smell funky! The difficult thing for me will be balancing the nutrients I usually use with the JMS. I am growing these in buffered coco coir, so that will probably add to the difficulty.

It’s a learning experience, though.

4 Likes

Interesting new type of nutrient @ArtVandalay , looks good and because of its bad smell probably good too. You might be interested in this topic to, Korean Natural Farming

6 Likes

Thanks @chrisj ! I first learned of JADAM a few weeks ago watching some videos from a long-time South Korean Organic farmer. I will look into the link you provided. The JMS does smell bad, but if it works, it will be worth it!

4 Likes

Hell fish shit smells horrid but works great lol.

4 Likes

You aren’t kidding !
By the way, these two plants germinated July 23rd and are really getting thick. I put the branch benders in them a week or so ago. The fan leaves are really large and thick and seem to be hindering the primary branches from getting a lot of light. Should I defoliate them a bit, or is this definitely not the time?

4 Likes

Them too ones I would pluck them. Any others in the lowers if u can tuck them do that. Each leaves throw out energy to the bud site it is by so think of that also. It won’t harm to pluck leaves but be selective as to which u do usually in flower around day 21 and day 42 then 2 weeks before chop I defol all the big fan leaves. Well lately the last week as work keeps me tied up alot

4 Likes

Ok, thanks. Neither plant has grown tall enough yet for scroging.

4 Likes

Leaves on the plant are like the engine in a car eremo e too much and she won’t wanna go very fast if at all. Lol. Doing some lat really helps fatten buds up tho. Try bending some branches over without breaking them squeeze like a flat spot about an inch long and let the branch flip over and tie it down to stay with a knuckle. Braking the stem membranes opens up a highway for the nutes to freeflow thru the tunnel at a faster rate giving u fatter buds as everything flows to them easier and faster. Give it a try on a few buds or branches and see the differences between the ones u did and one u left alone

4 Likes
3 Likes