Fabric beds?

In an indoor situation?

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check into it. At first I thought about making my own, but I don’t think I could come out ahead on it.

1 Like

Each room is 16 x 34 so 544 sq ft area.

1 Like

Another thing to consider is if you run into some kind of contamination in your soil it’s going to be more difficult to contain. A soil bed infected with some kind of fungus, bacteria or virus is a lot more difficult to change out than a 10 gallon pot.

1 Like

You absolutely can…

This isn’t something that worries me as a living soil grower. The bacterial and fungal population would quickly kill off anything anaerobic or viral and consume it as food for the plants.

I’ll see if I can find it, but I listened to a great interview on KIS Organics with a commercial grower who used big fabric beds. They had a root virus develop in their living soil that took a long time to get rid of.

Edit:
Here it is Cannabis Cultivation and Science Podcast Episode 52 – KIS Organics

Yes, that was one of my concerns. And just the logistics of dealing with such a large amount of soil…But I think I’ll give it a try with a few beds only at first.

Thank you. I like all of their podcasts. I know they had a problem with root knot nematodes but had used the same soil for 5 - 7 years. Definitely something to consider.

Awesome! I know it should work that way, as it does in natural systems. Good to hear confirmation.

That’s really exciting. I will give it a try!