Fabric beds?

I’m in the process of establishing a small commercial indoor grow and will be using organic soil. I’m considering using fabric beds instead of pots to maximize my microbial interactions. Any advice? Here’s some information on my grow space: I’ll have 4 rooms with about an 80 plant capacity/room, and plan to only outfit the first two rooms to make sure I like my set-up.

2 Likes

I just purchased vivosun fabric bags but yet have to test them… @MK3_Pharms introduced air pots… Not sure what size you would need but it’s worth the research

Are you talking about something like this
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Best-Choice-Products-Wooden-Raised-Garden-Bed-Natural/50457575?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1381&adid=22222222228038045854&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=85369507730&wl4=pla-193315713650&wl5=9030961&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112561937&wl11=online&wl12=50457575&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImczbps_t5QIVho3ICh2Mdw6LEAQYByABEgLIFvD_BwE

1 Like

Your probably going to want something like this

1 Like

I think 10gal fabric beds would work well

20/gall? 40gall?

1 Like

80 plants per room indoor space… 2 150sq ft rooms with ten gal would fit 80 plants per room…but then again be we don’t know how big the room actually is

Fabric, not wood

Yes I understand stand that. I was asking " something like this but fabric? "

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I was considering, except I was thinking about going with rectangular or square to maximize space in. Thought I could build a rolling cart if I needed to move them. Just not sure if I should go with individual fabrics pots or try beds large enough for 2 or 4 plants. Just now sure of the practicality of using beds for indoors.

I appreciate everyone’s replies. I’m a very shy when it comes to social media! I like to read it but rarely interact. Thanks for making it a positive experience.

2 Likes

The air pots really look interesting, too. Once I get some experience, I might give them a go. Let me know how you like your fabric beds when you use them.

1 Like

Yes, sorry. Exactly like that but fabric.

2 Likes

Grass root pots has custom size rectangle fabric pots also… if in Canada Black Swallow Living Soils sells them and ships Canada wide…

3 Likes

No different putting two or three in a bed indoors then the 2 I put in a raised bed outdoors last season…I am going to go 3 this season… when I get outdoors again in 5 or 6 months…

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve been checking them out.

1 Like

Cool, I think I’m going to give it a try.

1 Like

Tad from KIS Organics has a lot of good info about growing in communal beds versus individual pots.

2 Likes

And companion plants work awesome too… I use white clover but any legume will really work… they a great nitrogen lockers…

4 Likes

Grassroots also has that moisture lock layer sown into them. I find them to be well made and extremely durable. I have 2 of their 65 gal pots.

2 Likes

Thank you. If my memory serves me correctly, I got the idea from listening to him on a podcast.

2 Likes