Fast and Resilient Outdoor Strains

Hello friends,

For context, I live in Atlantic Canada at about 46 Northern Latitude. Our growing seasons are often cut short by mold and early frost, so ideally we are all wrapped up by mid-September. I know that breeders are often very --optimistic-- with their time estimates, so I don’t want to trust them completely but rather use them to get a rough idea. Also every seed will be different of course.

What is the most consistent, best producing, most resilient strain you’ve grown in cool damp temperate climates?

Thanks in advance!

7 Likes

Nice to hear from you! I’m in Saskatchewan, but @hoppiefrog is a lot closer to you and might know some people who know the right things to grow in your climate.

4 Likes

I’m rt next to @hoppiefrog.
I might suggest an auto flower for just those reasons you mentioned.
The Frisian dew is a good one. Good pest and mold resistance.
14 - 15 weeks seed to harvest.
16-18 % thc. And a 50/50 hybrid.
Good head high switches to a more body relax type high after.
There’s many others that will grow here as well. :+1::v:

5 Likes

Hello fellow Atlantic Canadian!

@hoppiefrog & @oldguy know whats up :wink:

3 Likes

That’s my experience as well in n.s. autos treat ppl best to get ripe weed that will get u fried :wink:

5 Likes

Save the photos more for indoor.
There are a few photo strains that finish early but can’t recall rt now. :wink::v:

3 Likes

It’s the same here in Saskatchewan with autos for outdoor. No one was able to crop a photo plant very well. Next spring I want to have some home made auto fems to throw around the local back alleys, haha.

5 Likes

Only proper outdoor i get here are and it’s not too bad

2 Likes

Purple Haze did extremely well for me outside a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, I even waited a bit too much and spoiled it…But it was ready first week of October… :nerd_face:

3 Likes