Female Pollination

So usually when I breed I like to pollinate the whole room so i’ll usually throw a male in with all my females at the same time. I switch to flower at the same time.

My question is, do you guys flip both males and females at the same time and allow them to naturally pollinate as they would in nature, or do you flip the females into flower and hold off on the male for a week or two to let the pistols develop a bit more before pollination?

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 @mudman how would you answer this question?

And welcome back to GN Jake!

3 Likes

I collect pollen from any good males I find and use it on keeper females I find down the road.

2 Likes

It depends what you are you after. lots of seeds or smaller amounts of seeds? A fully pollinated female will produce more seeds than a partially targeted pollination plant will ever do. And depending when you pollinated will affect seed growth speed and quantity of viable seeds. I hold off my males until the buds are pretty big then hit them. But you have to practice what you like. Each strain is different.

4 Likes

Yea forsure. I pollinate the entire plant but was just curious if there are benefits in waiting for the buds to grow for a month then pollinate. In the end i’m going for the most amount of seeds and the best quality of seeds. Also just producing regular seeds not feminized.

4 Likes

Let them bud for a month then pollinate

4 Likes