Filter vs ozone generator

Been running 6" inline carbon filter, but thinking I want to change. What’s best bang for buck on ozone generator?

3 Likes

@PreyBird1 suggested these to me

https://blueairproducts.com/

3 Likes

Are these different than the regular ozone generators? If not they aren’t safe to run with someone inside the home

4 Likes

You have to exhaust out of the house

4 Likes

Are you happy with it?

3 Likes

I havent bought it.
I need to. Bad to exhaust smells here
I believe preybird runs them though

2 Likes

I have 3x of the ozone generators they work! I use a carbon fikter as a pre-filter to keep fine dust and pollen off the uv light bulbs.

1 Like

So I haven’t done much research on it. What kind do you run @PreyBird1 ?

2 Likes

The big blue ozone generators 6". There not cheap im into my 3 at $1k
https://www.bghydro.com/big-blue-ozone-generator-6.html

2 Likes

You can’t run ozone generator in room with live plants. I did that once and it came pretty close to killing plants. Take plants out first but it won’t solve your problem. I bought an a c infinity complete system set for for $64. It was on sale and had a coupon. Amazon

3 Likes

See ozone needs time to mix with the ozonated air. The venting cannot be smooth, they must be the accordion style tube and then you need to have bends in the tubing to bounce the air around.
You suck air into your carbon filter then through the ozone generator thats inline with a powerful fan then bend the tubing back and forth before it goes outside. I have over 20 feet of tubing outside the tents up on top in a series of S shapes to mix my air up before discharging outside. I use Zero fans pulling any air into my tents i only use negative air pressure. And all my air exits the at 3 different areas. My huge flower tent has 40’ of air tubing on top and then goes out a custom chiminey sleeve i installed and ran it 20 more feet up to the roof and it discharges up in the air. It can handle about 40 plants on high using both bulbs. If its a smaller batch then i turn off the second light.

4 Likes

Oh boy, I better do some research. I don’t have room for all that.

2 Likes

Thanks for info!

2 Likes