Finally pulled the trigger

And grabbed the accessory light bars. Everything was on sale on amazon. Came to just under $1400 for the 5x5. Grabbed the humidifier too. Comes with 2 fans, so i am not gonna grab extras quite yet.

Been building up a few seeds. I was also able to order the new mephisto crosses that dropped monday. Probably gonna do one plant first just to dial stuff in, and then do a serious grow.

I am worried the lights will not be plug and play. Where can i go to read how to dial in my lights?

Will be starting a journal here for my first one when everything is set up so i can get pointers from everyone.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t3:

10 Likes

@schweddybawlz

Congrats and making the leap into the wonderful world of growing. I think your system will be plug and play, its amazon afterall. Any questions just shout on here, or your grow journal. Thats why we here.

7 Likes

Oh ull be golden with that its all set to be like an automatic setup. Ac infinty knows their shit. Nice purchase. First grow id suggest run with 2 plants so u can see some differences between strains and such. Good luck imma follow and watch also. I believe u can hook up the light and fans all to the controller u may jave to purchase the box that links more than 2 together tho i cant think what it was called but its used for fans and such to connect multiple fans on one controller.

9 Likes

For guidance on setting up and dialing in your lights, check the manufacturer’s website or user manual for detailed instructions.Ehall Mobile Additionally, visit online forums or communities focused on grow lights and indoor gardening for tips and advice. Starting a journal and sharing your setup will also help you get valuable pointers from experienced growers.

4 Likes

Congrats! Have a great time now that you have the toys!

4 Likes

Thank you.

Parts are starting to trickle in. I got the accessory lighting in a couple days ago. Surprised to see how pink the lights look. I am also surprised how well made and solid they feel. I was expecting plastic housings, but these things feel heavy and solid.

I have been doing some research. The ION light is full spectrum, i think i will start out on setting 6 (seems to be the most popular setting people keep these lights), and go from there.

6 more days until delivery (next Saturday)…. Hopefully i can start a plant Sunday morning.

I am super excited!

4 Likes

morning growmie…since you are just getting all this together you might want to consider a app like Photone to be able to set your light intensity correctly…looking forward to seeing you grow…

5 Likes

Downloaded photone day i ordered the tent.

I am not expecting meter accuracy from that app, but it is a decent place to start.

Thank you for the suggestion!

4 Likes

works well on IPhone … pay the extra to get the full spectrum LED option and use very bright/heavy printer paper for your filter…96 or higher brightness to get the best accuracy…

4 Likes

Been a month since my order. I took delivery without any issues.

Setup….damn. I am pretty mechanically inclined, but i must have changed the setup 4 times or so before i settled. I was rotating that thing around, rerunning wires, switching configurations….good god. It took me 3 freaking days😂.

Anyway, it is setup. I just dropped 2 auto taproots from mephisto last night into 7g pots. Used the freebies i got from the oreoz drop. One strawberry nuggs x northern cheese haze, and mephisto wedding x grape walker kush. Only doing 2 because i wanna make sure i have everything dialed in before i do a “serious” grow.

I was gonna do a grow log thread here, but i think i am gonna wait so i dont look like a complete moron in my first indoor tent grow.

Lung room is around 68 degrees and 55% humidity.

6 Likes

I have a humidifier also on the way. Should be here tonight.

After i turned on the tent this morning for the upcoming seedlings, temp inside jumped to 77 degrees and my humidity dropped from 60 to 47%…i wasnt expecting that. Should be here tonight….so i should be able to get my VPD under control pretty quick.

5 Likes

Congrats on making the leap into growing. I could sit here and try to get u all set up but my best advice is call the manufacturer and follow there advice. Its a starting point and u can adjust from there, Good luck on ur grow and I will be following ur journal

5 Likes

Looks like a nice setup happy growing!

4 Likes

I have it set ip for the most part.

The foam in the humidifier base messed me up today and i spilled water everywhere, but other than that….it isnt terrible.

Just gotta mess with the VPD now.

All this control is mind blowing. I truly hope i don’t become obsessive, so i am setting ranges rather than values.

3 Likes

a suggestion if you can … move the exhaust fan and filter to the outside of your tent…gives you more head room inside and the exhaust fan is more efficient blowing thru the filter than it is sucking thru the filter…

1 Like

I tried it that way. It didn’t give me more room because of how the light is attached to the frame (unless i have it attached wrong). In that picture, the light is actually up as far as it will go.

Also, it is a bit louder outside than i side the tent, and my stepdaughter is sleeping like 10 feet away from this on the finished side of the basement.

3 Likes

ok then this is the best you can do at this time for your growing situation… now get some plants in there growmie…

1 Like

Way ahead of ya brother.

Just not doing a grow journal yet. I wanna make sure i dont look like a complete idiot.

3 Likes

I don’t do journals… I just pop in on growmies journals that I get to know and post when they ask about what I have growing… just put regular seeds to soaking today and getting the tents ready for the winter grow,… feminized seeds will get dropped in another 2 -3 weeks… I need extra time for the regulars because I need to get them tested for male female before I commit them to a grow…

3 Likes