First and last time growing Chocolope

I have no idea what has happened to my Chocolope, but the remedies I have tried have obviously failed. Dramatically.
It has been in flower stage for nine weeks, the discoloration began four weeks or so ago. I use RO water with Dakine420 nutrients including bloom city Cal-Mag. Water pH is always between 6.05 and 6.3. Its medium is 1/3 mushroom compost, 1/3 sphagnum peat moss, and 1/3 perlite. Additives are neem seed, worm castings, kelp meal, and chicken manure.
I tried increasing Cal-Mag with no change. At this point, it appears to have stopped growing flower clumps. It has little to no aroma.
Unless you guys can recommend a fix that will work quickly, I am going to throw it out.
My two Blueberry Muffins in the same tent, using the same nutrients, are doing great.
Thanks for your suggestions. I am about finished with this plant, it has become a chore vs. fun.

9 Likes

@TheMadFlascher You ever see this before?

5 Likes

Could possibly be a sulfur or a zinc deficiency

4 Likes

How are those fixed? Or is this one beyond repair?

4 Likes

@PreyBird1 runs dakine I believe but not the same medium but he may know also. Madflash is crazy smart lol. He is like a mad scientist.

5 Likes

I wish I could help. I ran mine in Promix HP with Advanced Nutrients, indoors and out. All failed with WPM no matter what I tried. I believe it was shit genetics. Good luck. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

@ArtVandalay,
Sorry for the late reply Art, I’ve been out at my plant all day…just got home about 15 min ago !
Yeah, that’s a bad case of Alternaria and has nothing to do with nutrient balances…
@Nacho knows this one well !
It starts on lower leaves. You see those brown lesions with a yellow halo around them early on. All the yellow tissue you see has been invaded by the fungus…

500ppm Hypochlorous Asid will stop it in its tracks, but the damage on your leaves won’t go away.
Untreated it will destroy your nutrient reserves in the leaves and retard your bud development…

Amazon.com: Hypochlorous Acid 500PPM (1 Gallon Jug) For Cleaning (Dental & Medical Professionals). All Natural HOCL Surface Cleaner For ULV Fogging Machines (Foggers) | Made In USA : Health & Household
There are several of them on Amazon…just be sure you’re buying 500ppm HOCl. Cover as much of your leaf and bud tissue as you can, top and bottom of the leaves and saturate your buds…no ill effects what so ever…

You may want to look at our thread 'Hypochlorous acid…deep dive
Good luck my man

11 Likes

Wow, thank you so much @TheMadFlascher. I have been stumped because the other two plants (different strains) in that same tent are doing so well. Still being a newbie, I had no idea what to do. @PreyBird1 was also helping me with suggestions.
I will read the thread you referenced so I know what to look for next time. I am not in a position to spend any money right now, but I will definitely keep that in mind.
I guess I should go ahead and toss the plant since it is not going to recover.
Thanks again for the assistance.

6 Likes

Where are u at. I’m in Michigan. If not too far I can see what it would cost to send u some hypo unless u wanna buy my machine and salts stuff and strips. I got with strips and machine about 200 wrapped up in it. Made 2 quarts worth of stuff and never used it again also will send u the 25 dollar fogger sprayer I got to spray the stuff with. I’ll take 100 for the whole kit all basically brand new. I have the strips that came with machine and bought an Xtra set of strip for extras didn’t know how much was needed when making it so I went a bit overboard off the start I guess. Lol.

8 Likes

THANKS BOB! @TheMadFlascher

I have some of this starting and I was totally perplexed.

I use the Eco 1, according to the thread, should I stick with 2ounces per gallon for spraying?

6 Likes

I use a diluted solution for floor cleaning and surface cleaning. Also to clean tents between grows.

5 Likes

Chris,
If you have the Eco 1 it’s best to attack WPM, Alternaria, and Septoria Leaf spot with at least a 250ppm,
(with the generator, I’d brew a 500ppm concentration and use it full strength).

For surface disinfecting, much less strength is required !

Hope that helps, Bob

6 Likes

So, Alternaria is very prolific during late summer into winter. There are so many species of Alternaria,
that it’s hard to find an agricultural or ornamental plant that’s not susceptible! That is why there are so many spores causing a lot of pressure. If you have any roses in your garden, you won’t have too hard of a time spotting it in the fall…

5 Likes

Thanks!

I had some stored (in a ‘science jug’) and used it right away!

6 Likes

please don’t throw that plant away.
give it lots of water until you see water running off.
After the soil has a chance to dry,
water it again with whatever your nutes you are using.

It’s going to be great.

6 Likes

I soaked it with a 50/50 mixture of RO water and peroxide. I allowed it to fully dry and trimmed off all infected leaves. I have it back in the tent hoping it will finish out alright!

7 Likes

Here are photos of it this morning. Two days ago I took it outside and spray soaked it with 50/50 water and peroxide. After fully drying I put it back into the tent.
The bud groups simply are not continuing to develop and, even after removing all of the yellowed leaves, more have appeared.
I believe it is time to throw in the towel on this Chocolope.

10 Likes

I’d keep it going it should finish out for u. It don’t have long to go and this issues is just starting. Leave it ride and spray it again at lights out hell it don’t look too bad bro.

9 Likes

Ive been trying to stop him from tossing it. Its been a long time to get here so why throw it out? Yeah its had some issues but it can still turn out ok! Just finish it off and then try again.

13 Likes

Alright, alright…I get the feeling you guys are not agreeing with me thinking the Chocolope should be tossed.
Caesar has spoken…Chocolope shall live.

12 Likes