First grow, first cure

Hey Crew,

My first grow, kept it very simple. Turned out quite purple which I’ve read can be nutrient deficiencies and/or cold temp changes.

Smells amazing and now have it hanging for drying. Anything i should keep my eye out for?

Next grow starting up soon. Learned some things which will implement.

Love this forum for info though. Keep it up legends of cannabis.

11 Likes

Hi @grizzlyhigh

Looking good. You want a dark well aired place to dry your flowers. At average temps you looking at 7-10 days for drying before trimming. If its very hot and the sun is hitting the zink roofing in the picture, it might speed up the drying process which you dont want. Once dried, the stems should make a cracking sound when you bend them, then its dried perfectly. From there, you want to trim and then cure in jars, also keeping them in a dark and cool place.

9 Likes

Hey bud, cheers. Its luckily winter where I am so wont get hot. Wont go above 20 degrees celcius or 68f. So should be in the right zone.

Thanks for all the other tips to look out for.

Excited to see this one out and try it all.

6 Likes

Nice. I’d lean more towards the genetics why it went colorful. Beauty plant. 60% rh and 60° is a recommended dry and cure temps for a nice slow dry. What to watch for is like spiderweb looking parts between the buds did u do a bud wash??? This will help on not getting budrot or mildews alot better and makes for a cleaner smoke with no dust dirt or bug poops or anything that lands on the buds. I have issues with bud drying too fast so when they r crispy almost outside and moist feeling inside I jar them up with meters I try and shoot for 60 to 62% humidity in my buds as I press or extract most of mine and that give me a beautiful return. 58 to 62% for buds is average humidity in bags for nice smokable stuff. Don’t let it dry too fast too much so it will keep that nice smell. Awesome job tho I have troubles getting colors from my plants.

8 Likes

Day 4 1/2 of drying. Damn it smells amazing.

Have no idea what to expect or what I may get out of this plant, but damn I am having fun.

8 Likes

Well it was drying for 2 weeks. Just put in container. No real bud, just bush really.

At least I can bake with it I suppose. First grow, was never going to be amazing, but you all give me something to aspire to.

Cheers legends

6 Likes

You will surprise yourself as long as you stick with it , don’t get discouraged keep your head up an plugging forward

7 Likes

Its called drying but water activity inevitably “rehydrates” during the dry/cure process. You and i we are as wet as chopped plants right now (70% wetness) you wanna put that in a room thats 45% relative humidity. Darkness, fans, etc. all the aforementionables. You wanna see that hygrometer go from 45 to 60% over the course of a week sometimes you gotta steadily turn dehues down a bit to achieve this. Crank the dehues back up to achieve 45% and spend the next week lettin her creep on back up to 60-65% rh. After alls said and done your moisture content should be about 8-12% put it in a mason jar or paint bucket or tote and burp once every 3 days atleast 7 times, after 10 times or a month curing you can bag/jar whatever amount and it will keep for a year.

6 Likes

So I had my first vape of my plant. Nice smell, no real flavour unfortunately. Not bad for a first go I think. Better than I expected to be honest.

6 Likes