First Grow — Jazmania

Looking great in there!

2 Likes

Welcome, great start, and wow, fantastic looking ladies!

2 Likes

Update: November 4th, 2021–

Some exciting stuff happened yesterday. The 4x4 tent got cleaned out and we put the bag seed plants in there. They are starting to show signs of female, but its too soon to tell as they are barely forming the sex traits. Excited to see them grow

Some closer pics of them

We ended up cleaning out the 3x3 tent since we took all the plants out to top them. This is how tall they were before topping. I’m 5’3 for reference, unsure if that helps describe how tall they were.

After topping:

We tried to use the cuttings as clones. Have never done this before so it will be interesting to see if we did it right.

Still waiting on my light, and once I get it, then I will switch the light to flower. Afraid the plants will get too big for the tent, but hopefully the topping will encourage it to grow bushier instead of taller. Excited to see if the clones root. Will update later :love_letter:

11 Likes

@ just checking in on what you have going on here also just saying hi :wave::blush:

3 Likes

Hi @ceez654 ^-^ I got a couple girls in a 3x3, Blue Dream clones, and I got 4 bag seed plants in a 4x4. Just topped and cloned the Blues last night. It was my first time cloning, so curious to see if they root. Gonna change the lights to flower soon. Cross your fingers for me friend!~

3 Likes

Your mystery seeds appear to be Indica, ie fat leaves lol. That’s really interesting too…as I havent seen any seeds in a bag of weed for decades, nor has anyone I know that smokes ever said they found any seeds either. @pptrsha1 mentioned doing a side by side on the lights, and I have been saying it since I got mine, Spider Farmer makes good lights even though they cost less than the proverbial “name brand” lights.

On the yellow it looks like you have a nute deficency (nutes are not keeping up with growth with the light) But always do increases a little at a time, and give them a few days to react. For a plant it’s not like you or I taking a pain killer and a hour later everything is good. Plants take a bit to react with the exception of needing and then getting water.

Welcome to the forum and for a first grow you are doing great !!

Marty

6 Likes

I might mention that, that cutting is a bit too big. You should make them a third that size. Just the softer ends, as the stem gets woody it gets harder to make them get roots.

Marty

4 Likes

Clone IN the clonex bag? What am I seeing here?

2 Likes

I’ve seen the small bags of clonex. They’re just big enough to do a handful of clones and toss it out. I don’t think they reseal. Good option for most of us taking only a few cuttings.

@sssportsmfg I went thru a period last year where I was getting bag seeds from dispensary bags. They were all from outdoor/greenhouse grows that must have had a male in there, or possibly a herm that spread pollen everywhere. Anyway they didn’t give a F because they sold the weed normal price.

My very first plants were bag seeds that turned out just fine. ( they were actually blue dream also ) I also got my purple punch this way, and still have 10+ seeds from that bag. 20+ of the tri-fi OG. So it can and does happen.

@jazminchav
Plants are looking good so far, I’m following along :+1:t4:

5 Likes

Got a buddy of mine who I ride mototcycles with, his nephew is…well rich, or very well to do, he goes to the dispensary in Illinois at St. Louis and buys the expensive stuff, $100 a eigth and gives it to him free, we’ve never seen a seed one. Guess its how careful they are when growing. In all my grows I’ve never had a Hermi, or a single seed. I think I have been very lucky on that account.

Marty

5 Likes

Top shelf!

To be fair the bags I got the seeds from were not top shelf. They were in flower that’s more like $120 an oz…lower tier. The more expensive stuff I haven’t seen seeds in.

When we grow a small number of plants it’s easy to be on top of it. When looking after 10,000 or more plants I could see how something could go undetected.

I wasn’t mad bc I ended up with free seeds at the time :laughing:

3 Likes

@Skinnyhb Just a pic of us dipping it~

1 Like

Thank you @Maz TBH my cousin collected the seeds so we have no idea from what bag we got it from. Now we will be more diligent about labeling bag seeds we find.

3 Likes

@sssportsmfg Marty,

Thank you for your insight. Moving forward I will remove more leaves when I clone, didn’t realize that. You are right, the cut we took did feel woody/hard. We used a clear cup inside a red solo cup so we can see if any rooting is happening. Will let you know how it turns out.

2 Likes

Just make sure to keep it humid inside the clear cup/dome. The plants are only taking in water via leaves right now, since they have no roots. Just keep the cup of media damp, and keep your clones away from strong direct lights. You should be fine. I have rooted a few clones that way successfully. Looking good so far! Nice detailed journaling. :+1:

6 Likes

Rather than letting the cutting die, just cut it smaller now and stick it back in the cup. Just a thought.

3 Likes

@sssportsmfg Will do! Thanks again Marty ^-^

3 Likes

Girls looked so pretty. Just had to take a pic~ Nov 9

Here is some baby fruit on my eggplants.

11 Likes

Sorry for the radio silence here is an update on the Blue Dream clones!

December 3rd: Moved into a 4x4 with a flowering light, gave them a few days to acclimate to the new tent before changing the light.

Dec 8, starting to flower. Not sure why some pictures look greenish yellow and others dont lol

Dec 10, yesterday, a better update. Girls are getting big so we raised the light and added more trellis. Thinking about upping the Ventana feed. Started to lower the humidity slowly. Any tips for the flowering stage. It seems like its coming along so well and don’t want to mess up so any advice is welcomed.

Stalk looking strong

Flowers look cute in this stage, like lil fuzzballs.

This the light we have, not sure what it is since someone let us borrow it. Its pretty strong we had to keep it dim in the beginning. The red diodes & 4 qb boards it reminds me of a 600 r-spec light. Anyone else have this light?

Next two pics is the same plants just slightly different lighting. Not sure why that keeps happening.

Huge shout out to my cousin and her gf !! So proud of how far we made it. Thanks for reading, will not wait too long to update again. :love_letter:

8 Likes

Here is an update from yesterday! Dec 15th. Going to prune some of the water leaves off.

2 Likes