First grow … need advice any

Ya 60 bucks a bag just ain’t practical for most growers, a cubic foot is 6.4 gallons of soil so that’s what? just a hair under 10 gallon? Brutal!
I am one of those guys reusing over the years and every year it gets better and better the more runs it gets on it and I don’t need to reamend either because the plants are getting fed from the AACT feedings. If your tossing your soil after each time please send me your address and I’ll roll out with a trailer to collect it all as a free disposal service hahaha

1 Like

Oh yes bay guano is the absolute best for cannabis. I am going to start using it next year and every year from now on. I totally agree with peat moss being a culprit for watering. It really does clog things up. That’s why I usually try to put a couple scoops into the bottom of the pots. But mainly throw it in the bottom of all the holes I transplant into outdoors. Only use a scoop for making super soils for indoor pots. But most everything I grow ends up outdoors anyways so I don’t have a problem with the watering aspect. I’ve never had a problem with Neem and it’s actually one of my favorite amendments. Been used since practically the start of horticulture. Again a little goes a long way. I use under half of what is recommended. I don’t really use this super soil for seedling but rather once the plants are established and want a bigger pot with more nutrients. Seedlings don’t like all that extra stuff. Because I add so many things to make my soils and know there is already plenty of trace elements in the potting soils I start with I actually stay away from azomite myself. Again the plants are going outdoors into outdoor soil which has more than enough trace minerals. But yes all very good points bat guano is one of the best and azomite is by far the best for adding those trace minerals into potting soils!

3 Likes

For real! I have been just throwing all my old potting soil into my garden beds and after this year have decided I’ll just make a soil pile that I can feed and add compost to because it seriously is not even worth throwing that into the garden. Way more practical to be reusing it! But I have been at least been building up all my garden beds from the years with great super soils. The soil I have to start with is practically bed rock so any little addition amendment or actual soil I can add is a huge help no matter how little. And this year the gardens are showing how much all those little amendments have made such an impact!

1 Like

Outdoors is just a luxury I don’t have, we legalized and part of the law states has to be behind lock and key, so all mine had to be potted and moveable with only options as greenhouse or indoor. So I veg indoor and flower out, biggest pot size I’ll use is 20 gallon anything bigger is to heavy. I have actually thought about that though instead of buying azomite if I can just use my native dirt and throw a scoop in lol that’s all az is full of haha but sticking to tried and true recipes has stopped me. Well if ur throwing into garden beds anyways that’s still being reused as far as I’m concerned. What’s crazy to me is people throwing it into a trash or green can at the end of season like wtf why? Landfill doesn’t need organic input for growing haha. Speaking of older soils, here’s a fun fact miracle grow and any of the home Depot/Lowes soils can actually be used ONLY if you put other vegetable runs on it for at least a year to be sure any of the slow release ferts have been spent BUT I still wouldn’t suggest it because of all the wood chips lol

It helps to tell when it’s ready to harvest. With the micro lens you’re able to see the trichomes turning, clear, milky, amber. That’s something you can’t see with your naked eye.

1 Like