First grow … need advice any

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Growers Network Family. We are very glad you are here with us now. You couldn’t come at a better time than now! Lol. The community will help you out, if you so desire any assistance.

•Starting with a support ticket will help strengthen your growing abilities. It will help you guide your next grows with prev data that you can build from.

This is a support ticket. Copy and paste it to your thread and fill it out to the best of your abilities. The community will help with any questions you may have.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out. It will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place. Every time you post in your thread, it goes to the top of the pile and you get more interactions.

1 Like

Welcome. I too am first time grower. With one under my belt. My advice is to get a camera with a 100mm micro lens. And you will get a lot of good advice on this form. You will need to get photoshop. I use Adobe photoshop Elements 11. I think you may find some free stuff on the internet? The main thing have fun, and read as much as you can!!!

4 Likes

Welcome! Just ask away. There are no stupid questions here. And we will all give our two cents to help a brother out!

Happy growing!

P.s. looks like your tent might need more plants :wink::metal::seedling: jk

3 Likes

For sure but not just yet I wanna get it down a little first then the beauty shall begin!

3 Likes

What is the camera actually for??

2 Likes

🤦already looking at the soil and we’re in trouble! That looks like a cheaper " feeds for 6-9 months" soil. Main problems with it for cannabis is all the wood chips and the slow release nutrients. Cannabis needs different elements at different times. You may get a good healthy LOOKING plant out of it but those buds are gonna be super harsh and unpleasant. I’d look into soils like fox farms happy frog or fox farms ocean forest, seems to be the industry standard for out of the bag growing

2 Likes

Yes agreed @1andonlyredneck at the time there was no tint no light no fan nothing! Then I had a little cheaper set up before the light and tint as well but like I always say this is only the beginning

Check it out

What remains was only survivor

2 Likes

That setup is painful to see! Lol u don’t want your soil in drip trays with water, all excess should be able to freely drain out, waterlogged soil equals roots that drown and dead seedlings, u got your environment set up right now, just need to switch to a better soil and get urself some fabric grow bags, I personally get mine from gardzenonline.com

2 Likes

That light is not making enough light. The seedlings are stretching to the light and will fall over soon. Need a better light and a transplant with the soil almost up to the leaves.

4 Likes

Unfortunately you need a better set up. Don’t get me wrong you can grow weed just about anywhere with most lights. However, A. It will be a bunch of problems with the plant. B. You won’t grow the type of weed you wanna smoke. I’ve only been growing a year so I get the excitement. By the looks of things just like me you don’t have an endless supply of money. Easiest setup that will give you weed you would actually want to smoke would cost around $300-$500 with everything you would need. Hmu if you want the info.

4 Likes

Get rid of the box. Lower lights to 24" or so. Get a humidifier and keep the RH around 70.

2 Likes

Thought about lowering it today but wasn’t sure what height to lower to thanks @oranges :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

Welcome @oranges good looking out!

KIS organics has some of the best out of the bag soil and it will feed for practically the whole growing cycle. Soil specifically made for cannabis. Years of research has gone into it. And very consistent from bag to bag.

2 Likes

Has some very good lights with spectrums you can choose from at decent prices. I purchased a ray 44" and haven’t had a better light yet. Especially for the price.

https://www.247garden.com

This is where I get all and any grow bags shade nets bamboo stakes ect. Super fast shipping. Hey have a discount code. Very competitive pricing ect.

1 Like

What’s price per bag on it? In my area we can’t get anything like that and if having to ship can get pricey, I can’t even get happy frog out here, only thing available is fox farms ocean forest. That’s why I recommended those though as most nurseries will at least carry those lines nationwide where as some of the other cannabis specifics are usually in the heavy cultivation areas like northern Cali. I think if someone is gonna dive in deeper to building their own soil I think the revs TLO guide is an excellent jump off point

1 Like

Man I haven’t even checked into pricing. And I’m sure with shipping now a days you are right getting fox farm is the best deal because most places will carry it. I’ll check some pricing and be back. But ya I just build my own super soils.myself. Black gold potting soil, or any potting soil I can get my hands on, sphagnum peat moss, Neem meal, kelp meal, oyster shell, alfalfa meal, homemade compost.

1 Like

Sheesh it’s not even worth it. 1.5 cubic feet goes for $30 and it’s $30 to ship it to me! Ouch :grimacing: that’s the water only soil tho I mean its the best stuff I’ve ever found. But man just not worth it once you pay for shipping.

I’ve heard of people reusing this soil for 7-10 years tho with just adding amendments after the first year or two.

2 Likes

Main thing I see im doing different is getting away from the peat moss and going to coir for that amendment, ever notice when doing your watering how sometimes theres a water barrier and it all just runs off, that’s peat moss as the culprit, indoors it make a mess especially trying to do compost tea feedings and unsure how much actually stayed in the soil. I’m also not a fan of Neem and stay away from anything with it. U wanna really get those some more boosters in there without more heat, get some azomite in there for all the trace elements and consider some bee pollen for the rediculous amounts of aminos, small amounts of blood meal for iron too helps big time with the yellowing on newer leaves and males for a nice green foliage and of course bat guanos, the old timers swear by it and there’s a lot of great reasons why

1 Like