First grow photos and autos

Well that’s good to hear. I’m glad!

5 Likes

Them cold temps got you some purple already !

Marty

4 Likes

IMG_20220127_203211

Another random day. Still only watering. No extra nutes, started the activation of some EM-1 today and also going to start doing some worm casting and molasses teas. From what I can see so far they all look female. Only 2 of the seeds were feminized.

7 Likes

Beginning of week 7 of veg. These girls will be in these three gallon bags until the 2nd week of February. Then they will be transplanted the last time Into earth boxes. Getting ready to start feeding with worm casting teas and activated EM-1 folder spray. Going to let them veg until March 15th and then flip them to flower. That will give them a full 3 months in veg

IMG_20220131_182909

6 Likes

You’re girls are in beautiful shape!

4 Likes

As I’m starting from the top and reading…

wait… what?

did i miss something? lol

so that’s where you’ve been hiding them!

I’m set to watch!

2 Likes

How much should i expect my Hindu Kush plants to stretch vs the Maui’s wowies?

2 Likes

Ths is them this morning. 5 different strains,

The back small ones are both white widow. Started late in pots that didn’t germinate. Front right and middle are cinex, front left and actual middle are pineapple express, middle left and middle right are bubble gum kush, back middle is AK-47

Thi

6 Likes

Girls are coming along well. Still only watering feeding off the ocean forest. Getting ready to start making a tea. And transplanting the photos to their final pot next week.

arecocoming

7 Likes

Week 8 beginning and still going strong. A couple autos are throwing a lot of hair and the smell is getting more incredible

9 Likes

A true Kush won’t stretch anywhere close to a true Maui which is a huge stretcher (just my understanding of the lineages). But that also plays into how they veg…the Kush will bush out short and hence once it flowers and goes through it’s stretch, even if it doubles in height it’s still a pretty short bush. The Maui would grow taller and lankier in veg, then when it doubles or so during stretch it becomes a monster. As I always say with my posts though, I’m a new hobbyist and my word shouldn’t be taken as sage fact :+1:

4 Likes

Being my first time I am trying to learns as much as I can. I appreciate all inputs. This is a great hobby.

6 Likes

In the last two pics is one of the Mauis the front right? They are beautiful btw, great work on all your plants! And all we can do is push ourselves to learn as much as we can about things we have passion for :+1:

One comment I can make though is you may soon run into a case where the plants are showing different responses (like the Mauis are perky and the Kushs droop, or vice versa) to the environment. Not saying it will happen, but don’t freak out if it does. It can be tricky dialing in the perfect environment when growing two vastly different genetic backgrounds.

5 Likes

Yeah I was wondering about that. They are drinking a ton of water currently. They are in three gallon pots. later this week I will be transplanting to 15gal pots and that’s what they will finish in. And yes the front middle and right are the mauis. From what I can tell so far all of the Hindus are female also which is nice because they were just regular seed

6 Likes

I could totally see the longer slightly more narrow fingers on the fans, thought the middle was the other Maui but wasn’t 100%. Yeah, they start drinking a ton at this stage through bloom.

That’s dope on the Kush’s congrats if they’re all fems! All are looking great but that Maui front right looks like she’s going to so something special during stretch (just a guess). :+1::pray::fire:

5 Likes

Yep they are just vibrant. Fantastic.

Marty

2 Likes

So I don’t have a par meter but I have a lux meter. Can I get an idea of where my lights should be with that? The Maui’s seem droopy and I would love to see those leaves perk up toward the light

1 Like

Started seeing the yellowing on these two plants this morning. I fed them a tea a couple days ago. And I feel like I jumped the gun on it. I feel like they hadn’t used all the nutrients of the fox farm. Recommendations?

5 Likes

Here are a couple of conversion charts that may help you convert Lux to Par. The thing to remember is most Lux meter only read White and Red White lights.

par reading for stage of growth

2 Likes

That lighter color seems to be on all your apical meristems and usually indicates one of two things…

(one) they are running a little short on nutrients or

(two) They are having a hard time metabolizing available nutrients quickly enough to keep up with growth.

If in a week they look more yellow it’s probably shortage of nuets…if they green up on their own in a week you’ll know it’s a metabolization issue… FWIW

5 Likes