First grow photos and autos

Okay. It didn’t start until I gave them the compost tea. I should probably start ph ing the water. The other thing I also just thought about it is the water I use runs thru a softener. Could the salt be affecting it? It doesn’t seem to be affecting the autos yet. And only 2 of the photo

4 Likes

OOOOOHHH !
Hell yes sir!

You NEVER want to use ‘soft water’ directly on any plants…SODIUM will destroy your plant’s ability to utilize Potassium !

Water softening is excellent if you’re running it through a R/O unit afterwards…but man, Sodium is very hard to displace from your soil or media once it’s there…

Gosh, I’m sorry to hear you did that!

7 Likes

Well shoot. Am transplanting them possibly tonight into 15gal pots from the 3’s and I will make sure they are no longer watered with softened water. Hopefully didn’t effect them forever

5 Likes

Getting them in new soil will be a life saver for them!
Going to be a little more work, but I would encourage you to rinse as much of that ‘sodium’ soil off your root balls as possible before putting them in the new pots/soil, then throw that contaminated soil away!!!

Sodium can be displaced from soil only with acids…we usually resort to sulfuric acid or nitric acid forming compounds (ammonium sulfate, potassium sulfate,) but the resulting low pH’s are pretty tough on cannabis!

I’m glad they weren’t in their final pots! Once you get them transplanted you may want to provide some P and K nutrient support.

Good luck, Bob

edit: Even if you can’t flush all that ‘sodium’ soil off your root ball, just flushing them for about 5 minutes each under running tap water will help leach any remaining sodium !

8 Likes

Thanks mani really appreciate the info.

6 Likes

Bob’s teaching a clinic here. Good job. :+1:t3:

8 Likes

Just a couple pictures they still seem to be doing okay

8 Likes

Everybody’s looking happy…:+1:t3:

4 Likes

Nice recovery effort! Looks like you dodged the bullet on that one!

Glad you mentioned the soft water issue before you transplanted into the 15 gal pots,
That would have been a shame (discarding that much soil). Those girls have lots of room to put out new roots now and should progress very well for you!! Well done!

6 Likes

Hl
4 of the 5 immediately post transplant. I ran out of soil. But will finish tomorrow. These are there final homes. And no more salty water for these girls. Transplanted in the fox farm Ocean Forest again so these girls should have plenty of nutrients for a while

8 Likes

8 Likes

The autos have started putting on flowers. This 4x4 is going to be full. The photos are looking strong loving their new homes. One month from today they will be flip to flower.

7 Likes

I’d keep them on 18/6 for the duration if they’re autos. They look happy!

4 Likes

That’s the plan. The photos are in a separate 4x4

6 Likes

So I decided to flip to flower today. With how many plants I have going and it being my first real grow I want to make sure I can adequately take care of the plants. I also got a 6in Vivosun fan and carbon filter installed today. Hopefully help with the humidity issues I have been having. Can’t wait to sjow the stretch and the flowering.

7 Likes

We can’t wait to see too!

4 Likes

Water during lights on or off? What’s better?

5 Likes

I think it a matter of preference. I try to water when the lights come on so I can check an hour or so later to see how my plants react.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Same here.

5 Likes