First hash rosin press

Hello I’ve been busy with the solventless while the ladies are hanging out. Haha

This is my first hash rosin pressing.
Dry sift 11 oz Humbolt Seed Org’s Purple Panty Dropper. With 145u screen.
Collect 79.4 grams hash and freeze.

Micro plane onto parchment paper and place in a cardboard box.

Collect and place in 37u bag. Doubled up.

Press temp 160df

Don’t have a gauge setup yet. On order

But I start just touching bags.

Then slowly add pressure. Until max

Total pressing after 1 minute warm up from step 1 is 3 minutes.

Looking for constructive criticism or advise to improve or ?
Thank you

10 Likes

If you’re happy with yields that color looks awesome. Just assuming by color it probably smokes like a dream. Only got my press back in December. If you heat to 190 probably get way better yield but quality goes way down from what im learning. :grin::call_me_hand::v:

Playing with heat even just 5° can increase yield but I’d try to keep that color. Looks friggin delicious

3 Likes

Thanks @bow4buck
It smells just like the plant when she was alive. It’s a long high. Longer than I’m used too even with my closed loop stuff. The smoke is thick and soft.

4 Likes

Lovely results @mothergoose, and looks great. I am not to sure what you need to improve your process, looks good to me!!! But check out @hoppiefrog post about extraction and get some tips, there is lots to learn. He might be able to help you.

1 Like

My best advice is pressing at 70% rh is best for dry sift yeilds. But try live resin pressing you will love the flavors. A water wash will bring great quality product, for the most stable and clear rosin make dry ice live resin and press into live resin badder jam (whip before a cure in fridge for a month).

3 Likes

Also if pressing melt hash you will do good to slowly press w no heat at first and then start heat after rosin starts to flow a bit then time for 1.5-2.5 mins depending on strain.temps u used are reasonable for first pressing or if looking foremost for quality,but use hash in edibles if not doing another pressing

3 Likes

Thanks @hoppiefrog
Would I decarb all the remaining hash in the pouch for edibles?

2 Likes

Going to have to try this on the next round. Only kept 3000 wet grams fresh frozen for the closed loop.

1 Like

Update photo 2nd press

3 Likes

Thanks @chrisj
I’m loving it!!

I have running temps at 200 to 205 range. Good color and more yield. I use a 450.00 press to do my work. Rosen great for making gummies. Cleaner and easier to make the other home remedies.

Looking good Man!

2 Likes

Depends on what u plan to do with it, if you are going to cook with it likely not.if using for something like gummies or tincture yes

3 Likes

Have you ever tried making caviar?(fresh never frozen live resin) or press and make caviar rosin jam?

4 Likes

I should add it’s usually 73u for caviar

3 Likes

No this is my first real success with pressing. I think I have finally got the quality required. I have a good amount of 2 week old drying. Held at 65F and 60% Rh. Was thinking of pressing it or close loop it.
Any suggestions?

I forgot I did make a BHO run of some 2 week old. I dryed it and ran it before I sent I sent to cure

1 Like

first run a beautiful job

2 Likes