First indoor grow looking good should I defoliate?

So one is purple haze a d the other is blackberry moon rocks both are autoflowers . They are looking good and I’m pretty pleased with my first time low stress training. I feel like I did a decent job creating multiple top sites. Very excited to see how much each one is going to yield ! From what Ive been reading with my research the consensus is that your really not supposed to stress autoflowers because of their short life cycle. So up until this point I have just done lst tie downs . Any advice ? Should I defoliate? Ive been doing lots of leaf tucking

7 Likes

I grow a lot of autos. Heavy training and heavy defoliation will cause stress. I pluck leaves all the time on them. I just do a few at a time and mostly throughout the center to increase light and airflow. I’ll be doing this shortly to 3 autos I have going now , one auto a little further along has had some defoliation done already. Quick pic. Don’t mind her color. She had ph issues that heave been corrected but she’s well into bud and showing her bud colors of red and purple starting on leaves. So I don’t expect her to green up anymore :+1::+1::v:

7 Likes

Thank you for the advice!! That answers my question!! Can’t wait till mine get further along from the pictures the buds are supposed to be a dark purple for the blackberry moon rocks lol.

5 Likes

How Big is that tent bro ? :stuck_out_tongue: and god job on the plant ! Nice Work

5 Likes

Thank you. 5x4 is what I have , 2 grow areas 4x4 and 1x4 . My lights just turned on and I am defoliating see if I can get a good pic

7 Likes

9 Likes