First plant / Blue Diesel Auto

I’m in week 5 on my first grow. This plant is a Blue Diesel Auto, seeds from Kindbud.
It seems like a runt. It is 5” tall. I just did some defoliation. I did some LST but it is so small it is really hard to do! Any advice is welcome

Using Water with Calmag, + Hormex. Ph is 6.4

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum, how far are your lights? Lights to close can keep them short and squatty. Winter for many of us, how are your temps, cool temps can keep them short. Could just be genetics…

2 Likes

Welcome Kentucky!!

Very nice plants! Like you pointed out, really fast pace though. Looks like you are in soil (?) so keeping her ppm’s in line and temp/rh in check is crucial to us newbies. She looks like shes ready to go brother. Every strain is different, but these are looking great buddy!! I :+1:
I’do a little defoliation on her to get some light on the bud sites and stem. That will help promote good growth. Ease her into it taking off the major sized fan leaves and sucker branches.

1 Like

Welcome to GN KY Shinner. Looks good bruh
:v:t2::eyes::v:t2:

1 Like

@automatik
@MrBlue
@LoCoRocK
@happilyretired
@Slym3r
Bringing in some Growhiems for some more advice as well

4 Likes

Not much ya can do she’s flowering and doing her thing. Looks super healthy just go with it. Are you going to just continue with flowering her, that’s what I’d do, plus I see other plants to consider. The alternative being revegging her and getting some height from her before flipping her back again .
Welcom to GN and good times! Happy 2021 btw

Welcome, looks like they got you handled…:v:t3::+1:t3:

@kentuckyshinner,
Welcome to this forum!
Your plants look good. I had a Blueberry Auto runt in my first grow. It did not grow over 10”.
Did produce about 2 oz…
Sometimes these autos take on different parts off their genetics.
Keep up the great work, and stay Growing!

3 Likes

I’m keeping my light 24” from canopy. Temps 70-75
RH 55.

4 Likes

Should I raise my light to stretch her out?
I also have 3 photo periods in here with her.
4x4 x80 inch tent.
2 TSW 2000 Mars hydro lights on 100%
Here are my photos . They are OG Kush, the other 2 are Criticall Purple CXL

5 Likes

I’m one of the few that just keeps my lights at the ceiling for the most part. I bring em down to about 3 or 4’ during early veg then they go right to the ceiling at about 8 and half foot. It works out ideal for me.

2 Likes

Thank You all for your comments

2 Likes

Set ur light up a bit higher for like a week and it will stretch for the light a bit. Might not get to b huge but it will stretch some. Do it quick being auto or it will surpass that stage quickly if not past there already. When u start off the plant alway keep light up higher and turned down lower power to get it to stretch some. I did the same mistake when i got my hlgs kept light too close and they all stayed smaller but super bushy. But i would try for a bit raise light up 3 or 4 ft above canopy for a weekish unless u see it spacing too much then lower it a bit. Always shoot to keep 1 to 2 inches space between nodes.

1 Like