First time grow, unusual seedling shapes/color, help appreciated

Hey everybody! First time poster, first time grower. I’m growing pretty much purely for hobby on this grow. Just some bag seeds that germinated. I replanted them into clay pebble and spagnum media. Doing a hydroponic flood table filled with filtered water. pH sits between 5.8-6.0.

Tent
77 degrees
67 rh

Under domes
80 degrees
72-73 rh

They were planted the same time and two are exhibiting less than textbook patterns.
One has a weird yellow sickly shoot with an incredibly small vibrant green shoot.
The other has purple tips and is winding around itself kinda.
Sorry if my camera sucks.
My questions:
Are they worth keeping?
What might have caused this?

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum! What type lighting are you using? I would keep them to see what they do. They look pretty new, give them time!

10 Likes

Hey thanks, good to be here. Sonlipo 100 watt, using the dimmer to keep light intensity at 35-40 %, 18/6 cycle. It’s full spectrum led. Has three settings im using the veg setting. The other two are veg + bloom and bloom. The light is about two and half feet above the seedlings.

10 Likes

I vote for this also :slight_smile:

not much to lose by giving them a bit of time

welcome to GN and all the best

Dequilo

12 Likes

Just a thought, but if your light is only 100w, I sure wouldn’t be dimming it any. And are you sure it is the seed you planted coming up? I have had Sphagnum moss sprout on me when I used it.

Welcome to the forum!

Marty

8 Likes

Awesome I’ll try the light on higher for the next week and see how it goes. It looked as though they were coming from the same tap root when I gently moved the spagnum, but not sure. However they did not do well and almost immediately wilted.

6 Likes

Progress update. A few days after I started the bag seeds the seeds I ordered came in. These are those plants:
2 cheese gas

Acapulco x bandaid

Strawberry taffy

5 Likes

Cheese gas

Acapulco x bandaid

Strawberry taffy

Spicy white devil

Clones from a friend

7 Likes

welcome to the site , looks like your “trio” is doing well - keep us informed !!! Have seen some crazy leaf formation and some 12 leaf fan leaves !!!

6 Likes

Thanks! Appreciate it. He gave me the clones to practice pruning and stress training. They didn’t take to the tent initially. Doing well now. I’m going to post more now that I have some stuff worth showing updates on haha.

7 Likes

Good you gave the clones a bit of “isolation” before putting them with others

6 Likes

Cheese gas

Bandaid

Strawberry Taffy

Spicy white devil

8 Likes

Cannabis leaves can get up to 13+ points in a leaf and its usually a sign of how healthy the plant is.

It’s entirely ordinary for cannabis leaves to have 9, 11, or even 13+ points. It’s rarely the sign of a problem. They often appear on healthy, fast-growing plants.

11 Likes

good info !!

7 Likes

Very nice great color, nice stocky plants. Nothing wrong with those at all !!

Marty

7 Likes

Quick update

7 Likes

Check this crazy leaf!

8 Likes

Fraggle rock crap thats way back in time lol.

6 Likes

Repotted pot

6 Likes

Plants are looking good. People really fail to realize how resilient cannabis plants are. I had 7 seedlings that got neglected while i was in “trim jail” from the last round of plants. Long story short. They went almost 2 weeks without water and the soil got so acidic from the crappy lowes brand compost i was using. The water came out orange for the first week after i started watering again. I flushed with straight water for a week. Once it stopped coming out orange i started adding nutrients again…

Yesterday actually i harvested those 7 plants and each one of them was a 6 foot beautiful lady…

Youre doing great. Thanks for sharing your journey.

7 Likes