First time indoor grow autos advice !?

Hi guys so I’m doing my first indoor grow autoflowers two of them are growing fantastic and look healthy I just tied two of them down yesterday and they’ve already been bouncing back.But one of them which I started a little later the smaller one in the pics looks a little unhealthy and is a little discolored any advice ?? I’m thinking that maybe it’ll just recover if I leave it alone it looks like it’s starting to recover a little bit but it’s a little discolored. The timer that I just bought a month ago stopped working as well lol. So the last two days im keeping them on 24 hrs light but before I had them on 18/6 . Will that hurt them ? I’m gonna go buy a new timer tomorrow. Thanks guys!!!

9 Likes

First, ensure that your watering and nutrient regimen is consistent and appropriate for the plant’s stage.

8 Likes

hey @spades90

Looks like you could be over watering with those drooping leaves.

8 Likes

Ok thank you!

7 Likes

@spades90 I think Chris is right looks a little over watered on the bottom picks. The top picks could be nutrient burn on the leaves. If you are using water based nutrients be careful not to get the leaves wet when watering. Best of luck with your grow.

7 Likes

Oh ok thank you for that advice. I didn’t know that . I am using water based nutrients.

6 Likes

This is why I’m glad to be part of this community because I always learn something new

6 Likes

I will say I see a jiffy cup in the mix there well the edge of one buried. To me that’s a cannabis no. The roots don’t grow thru those cups like they should and restrict the root area u will see when u dig them up watch if u remember and next run just plant in solo cups or final pot and when u transplant don’t leave the jiffy cups in like this one u’ll see a massive amount of root differences. Between the 2 grows. Jiffys are good to start a long time tree or plant but not cannabis as it is on a timely growing nanner and roots just don’t have the correct amount of time to make it thru hope I make sense to u on this if not u will see not gonna be horrible.but gonna be a aller yield and this is just my .02 cents. I e experienced this tho and it was small pla ta all around til I cut the jiffy cups.out the scenario.

8 Likes

Totally agree with you on that. I tried the jiffy pots way back when I first tried to grow indoor. . Plants were small and had very little roots growing through the pots , root bound inside them. Another I had an issue with were the expanding peat pellets sometimes the netting holding them together would seem thicker and restrict the roots. For me it’s rapid rooters for the win when it comes to seeds. :+1::+1::v:

7 Likes

It’s funny though because the two other plants in the pics that I also used the jiffy pots are growing great and I also used them outdoors with great results.

6 Likes

Outdoor exposed to the elements is usually not a problem, I just had issue indoor. I’m all hydro now so I have no need for them. Lol. :+1::+1::v:

5 Likes

Outdoors may be different as the ground has natural bugs and shit that helps eat and disintegrate the pots. If it is not watered enough to keep that jiffy pot wet to break down it’s gonna be an issue I even use the biodegradable nursery bags roots grow thru and I remove them before transplant also as I feel they restrict roots also. Anything solid in the roots way is gonna be an issue as it stops growing at that point to work it’s way thru that material if it can. It may not be a huge issue but for cannabis I believe it slows down the growth rate atleast a little bigger root system under means a bigger plant up above. The plant only grows enough that the roots can support it the right way. Like a tree it’s roots system will be as big a ball as the greenery up above so if u have a big tree with a 30 foot round ball up too the root system is gonna be extended out 30 feet and most likely be about 16 to 30 feet deep at the center tap root. Cannabis will grow about exactly like tomato plants do. U can train and do tomato plants to do exactly what canna is does with lollipop and defols and I’ll be damned if tomatoes r not bigger and better taste than just leaving one be. Lol. If u plan to use them in future and leave them it’d be better to use a razor knife and slice down the sides like 4 or 5 slices. Then as roots grow they will expand the pot opening those slices for roots to plow thru easily. Sorry rambling just had my first big dab of the day. Lol. Kinda hit me hard to day being awake 4 hrs and not smoking til now.

Happy turkey day to u and whom ever reads this. Gobble gobble til u wobble wobble :turkey:

7 Likes

Makes perfect sense!!! Thanks for the advice as always I really appreciate it! Happy Thanksgiving everyone enjoy !!!:turkey::turkey::turkey:

6 Likes

This is also why i stopped using the little plant bags the mesh cloth ones. They choke the roots and dont allow them to grow very well. All of it together stunts the growth and speed. Im gonna transplant 15 plants today and there roots are constricted a little for being in the cups to long.

8 Likes