First time indoor grower- frosty big bud kolas 1lb yield

Currently in week 6 flowering. 2 months in veg. These 2 indica plants are very healthy and have been babied it’s entire life. Massive frosty kolas all around. The plant in the back has been topped. And the one in front I did a FIM cut just to see which one produces more yield with my setup. I’m running 2 x China made 300 watt led lights + 600 watt hps light. Small grow tent 3x3x72 inches in height.

1 Like

Look at you brother! I’m a rookie on his first outdoor project, but I have a 4x4 ready to go as my “hanging
shed/barn” and as soon as they’re ready for the jars, I’ll be starting four autos. I only had one auto outside, and a few other bushes I’m trying not to kill.

2 Likes

You mentioned your Chinese QB, where did you find it and how much if you don’t mind me asking?

I’ve found some cheap spider qb on amazon

1 Like

I got em for free from a buddy

Looking good my man! Good job!

Hi brother,
Hey, I was just wondering out of curiosity, how much you got out of the Auto you grew outside. I’ve been growing about 25 years now, but I’ve never used autos before.
I recently got a couple packs of autos from seeds here, now: LSD-25, a beautiful deep dark purple flower covered plant, and sweet berry, a fast berry, a really sweet, fruity, n potent strain that I’m trying.
I started them in shot glasses of distilled water with 2 drops hydrogen peroxide in each shot glass, to soften shell and speed up process), then I put them into 2.5x2.5 square pots with mycorrhizae inoculant and a 50/50 mix of jiffy pro-mix and Fox Farms Ocean Soil with some extra vermiculite added in for better aeration. Then, I transplanted them into 6x6 sq. pots with the same mix as before, but with the addition of worm castings, a little bone meal, some and crushed egg shells. After they outgrew the 6’s I moved them into 5gal buckets with drainage holes drilled in the bottom, and a 1-2” lining on the bottom of clay grow rocks/pebbles. With photoperiod seeds I usually also grow in 5gal buckets outdoors, but with them I cut the bottom out of the bucket so roots can grow further, but it isn’t necessary with autos due to the reduced time necessary to grow. With the autos this way I can move them around if need be to get max amount of light/to retain optimal growing conditions.

Nothing yet, but mine is missing two entire branches from where it fell off the deck.
Sorry

They look like they need more light and look like a qp. Take in consideration your buds will shrink after they been dried out . Looks good keep going . For your first time really good .

I didnt want to deflate his optimism. I would agree they are not 1lb bud plants. But they are looking very nice for a 1st run. Some people cant even grow a house plant. So kudos to you. @ryanized is your ballast only a 600 watt?

3 Likes

That outside plant is top heavy u might try putting it in a bigger heavier pot just put the fabric pot in it no soil needed ust a counter weight

1 Like

Yes ballast is 600 watt

1 Like

Definitely doesn’t need more light for sure. If anything the lighting I have is overkill.

1 Like

Damn. I was lucky and was gifted 9 digital ballast’s in 400, 600, 1000 watts. I prefer the 1000 watt dimable dims down to 750 and up to 1050 watt.

1 Like