First Time Poster

This is a great subject so I’m gonna follow along too. And recipes also! Totally gonna try that ice cream one day. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

hey, quick question, do you guys think decarbing in the oven, or sous-vide would be better? I was recently listening to a podcast, and heard that sous vide can be a better way to decarb?

Thoughts/Opinons?

3 Likes

Could you explain this a little more?

3 Likes

Of course, So the podcast I was listening to explained decarbing the flower in vacuum sealed bags in a hot water bath, creating the same process of sous-vide. By allowing the cannabis to decarboxylate in the bags in a constant, and consistent temperature, they explained that they felt they were creating more potent edibles as an end result…

I’m not so worried about the potency, but was wondering if anyone had tried this process and had strong feelings one way or the other??

3 Likes

I ran what doing that would take through my head for just a second and it seems to me that you need a lot of stuff to make this work. First of all what temperature are you making the water. To make it viable to do any volume at all you’d have to have a huge tank and then some sort of rack above it that you can lower into the water to press the bag down.
:thinking: only took a second to overthink that one. :zipper_mouth_face::joy:

3 Likes

Sous-vide is typically done with vacuum sealed foods, so how would that cross over? You wouldn’t want your bud vacuum sealed to Decarb correct? Just throwing things out there is all

3 Likes

I think you would, sorry I’ll bring more info soon, I’m in the process of moving right now so I’m a bit scattered sorry in advance

4 Likes