First time using branch benders

I decided to try those branch bending tabs Ive seen others use. I believe it is Low Stress Training, correct? I had topped these two plants a few days ago and put both clippings into wet rockwool after dipping the cut end into some CloneX. They look to be doing well.
Do you use additional benders as the plant grows, or use a trellis net to scrog?
When should I expect to see roots coming through the rockwool?

8 Likes

The clips work great but hint don’t forget after a week ish to remove them or stem grows and breaks them and or smothers the stem if it don’t break. I’ve used them but rather just left the plant do it’s thing top it or fim it is about all I do besides lollipop and defols. I do try and keep them spread out enough for air to get thru and all but I just basically leave them be. I’m not shooting for gold winning nuggets just enough to get me and the wife by without having to buy nasty ass dispo weed lol. Scrogs if u plan on them do open up the plant alot and do help to get a lot more of a return but setting the scrog take quite a bit of time to make a nice full scrog where I can grow out a whole crop in the time it will take to fully fill a good scrog net. So if u have time to wait and grow scrogs r it if u r on a pinched time limit I’d say do light training veg til a decent size and flip defol and just keep up with the plant and she will reward u plenty good. They look good so far just don’t forget to remove the clips after a week ish of them being in that position.

8 Likes

Hi @Mark0427

Thanks for sharing, yes I have forgot the branch benders before and you need to keep adjusting them.

When should I expect to see roots coming through the rockwool?

8-12 days and roots will start pushing through.

I hope you and your wife have a great home grown harvest.

7 Likes

I would get that bandaged up, you dont want any infections bro. Happy growing.

7 Likes

Great suggestion, thank you!

7 Likes

I plan on doing the scrog in a week or so, and based on your insight, I will remove the benders before that time.
Thank you!

8 Likes