First use of DaKine 420 nutrients - Too strong?

I have begun using DaKine nutrients (thank you @PreyBird1 !) instead of General Hydroponics 3-part liquids. Has anyone found DaKine to be too strong when used according to their instructions?
Ph for the watering solution (that includes Grow and Base) was 5.8. Their instructions call for 2.5 grams/ gal at the beginning growth phase.

3 Likes

Yep, they’re pretty hot. I mix 15 gallons at a time and I only put 10 gallons worth of nutrients in it. I put Cal mag for 15 gallons, but the grow/bloom and the base I do about 66%. :+1:t3::v:t3:

7 Likes

It also depends on the soil you are using.

1 Like

I acquired some worm castings and bat quano and am going to add some as a top dressing to the flowering plants. Do you think it will be beneficial? I switched lighting schedule on them July 7.

2 Likes

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Bat guano and worm Castings have a lot of nitrogen. That’s not something you need a whole lot of it this point. just saying. Those are most often used for building soil. They can also be used as amendments. But I think they’re usually used more often during the vegetative stage. if you’re using DaKine nutrient line, make it through this grow with that nutrient line before you start changing things. that’s what I use and you can get some really good flower with nothing else but their system. Once you get that figured out and get one under your belt, then start experimenting. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes

When should I top these? And can I clone the piece that I cut off? Their germination date is on the bag.

4 Likes

Too early for cloning for the topping. Let em do their thing for another few weeks and check back :+1:t4:

6 Likes

I am just now learning about DLI and PAR measurements. What should the PAR be for photo plants that are in flower phase ?(lights switched July 7.

What about for seedlings that sprouted two weeks ago? They are photo, also.

3 Likes

So any cuts u take from a plant are clonable as long as it is a big enough piece to root. I’ve too clones that had 2 inch stems and got them to root. As long as it is not an autoflower also that is. Lol. It is worth a shot to try and root any pieces u cut off the plant in my opinion. Hell only takes a cup and a small bubbler stone to get roots better with cloners but cups work just as well.

4 Likes