Flip to flower

Hey everyone, I want to flip to flower soon and have been wondering if there is anything I should be doing beforehand. I have seen many pics of some heavy defoliation, comments about 24 hours dark before hand. Is there anything I should be doing with my nutes? Continue veg nutes or change to flower nutes?
I’m completely new at this and I’m trying to study up and learn what I can about growing.
Little bit of info:
Fox farm coco loco. Fox farm nutes. 5x5x6 tent with a spiderfarmer sf4000 light.
What works for you guys?

4 Likes

Welcome @tipsappreciated typically I personally start to defol about 2 weeks after I start seeing the first pistils but only some fan leaves at first but alot of growers do this differently… The 24 hours of dark is usually implemented right before you do your actual harvest I wouldn’t do a 24 hour dark period till then… As far as nutrients once again I don’t start using flower nutrients till I see the first pistils showing… Flipping to flower is pretty much decreasing to a 12 on 12 off light schedule which helps the plant start the flowering cycle but a good veg is key to good flowering you want lots of bud sites first… How long have you vegged for?

2 Likes

Welcome to GN @tipsappreciated, you’ll find plenty of answers here.
But, it would be easier to answer you if you start a journal and ask your questions there. It will be easier for you to keep track of answers and we will not have to give the same information twice. :nerd_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m just saying this because you just started a bunch of threads with questions about the same seed you found and are now growing…

2 Likes

My bad @tipsappreciated, it’s still good advice, but I was reading the post of another new user and since you both had the same questions, I got you mixed up! :man_facepalming:
Sorry !

I can delete my mistake if you feel more comfortable… it was meant for the other user…

I may have medicated a bit much… :rofl:

4 Likes

It happens brother no harm no foul… but I did see that too from the other user and that is great advice :+1:

4 Likes

I just placed my answer in the right thread… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Veg is about 7 weeks In I believe. I got these from my buddy who didn’t have room at about 3 weeks in. Decided I would start to grow as well and took them off his hands.

3 Likes

You’re looking damn good you have more space to grow and stretch… Thought about vegging longer?

3 Likes

I’m dying inside with what I want to do. Unfortunately I’m the impatient type. Although I did just put the scrog up today. I’m really happy with how it looks. I’m sure that would help with keeping it shorter for now. I should probably wait and see how i feel in a week.

4 Likes

Scrog won’t keep it shorter my friend but it’s purpose is to support the main stems as they grow bigger… Supercropping is a method I use… Also blue light spectrum is proven to keep shorter plants during veg but would definitely switch to red spec for flower… Different strains can also help you with size… Man you have enough room for 2 more LoL… Keep doing what you’re doing :+1::seedling::herb::palm_tree:

5 Likes