Flowering phase/progress timeline?

Hey Friends,
I wanted to wait a week or so before coming back for more assistance.
It seems my four plants have not really progressed much since three weeks or so ago. I have been watering them with the Grow+Micro+Bloom fertilizer mixture as usual (also making certain the water is about 6ph), but they seem to be “stalled.” They do have colas(?) with clumps and they also have a strong fragrance, but I thought that the plants would be ready for harvest by now. The attached photos are from the beginning of this month; you see there isn’t much change from the previous photos. Is this normal?

On a side note, the last three photos are of a plant I decided to try outdoors in a pot. It appears very healthy and it only gets water straight from the hose, and SuperThrive as fertilizer!

4 Likes

As I was scrolling through your pics I saw the one with all the floodlights in the clip on fixtures, I’m gonna guess that, that is the majority of your problems. Look at the difference in the plants structure of the one outside as opposed to the inside plants.

First thing I would do if and when you can afford it is get some decent light.

Marty

5 Likes

I was afraid that is the problem! As a newbie, I had to go with less than ideal equipment. I assume it is too late in the flowering stage to get better lights for those indoor plants. What is your ballpark estimate as to when they should be OK to harvest?
Regarding lighting, what lights do you recommend for a growing area of no greater than 4x4? I cannot go crazy expensive, though! Thanks very much for your input.

3 Likes

Mark… there are tons of lights out there for a area that size that are getting very reasonable in the led field. I’m pretty sure you’ve seen some of my grow pictures, and while I just got a $900 light, I can still recommend the 4 foot long Durolux lights you can get two of them right now off Amazon for about $160 bucks that will cover a 4x4 great. They run cool and do a great job I have used them for my last 4 grows.

Marty

3 Likes

Thanks Marty! Which of these Durolux lights should I get?
Durolux T5 Ho Grow Light - 4 Foot 4 Lamps - DL844 Fluorescent Hydroponic Indoor Fixture UL Listed - Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs https://a.co/d/1X9tlXG

‐‐----------------
Durolux Splder LED Grow Light 100W 1 Foot Width x 2 Foot Length (SP112) https://a.co/d/aO8Z7BY

2 Likes

I bought two of the Durolux T5 Ho Grow Light - 4 Foot 4 Lamps - DL844 Fluorescent Hydroponic Indoor Fixture.

3 Likes

Oh crap I just saw this, NO don’t get the old fashioned floresent lamps, I was talking about the Durolux LED 4’ x 1’ LED lights. If you got them from Amazon send those back and get this one.

I am reccommending this one because the other Durolux I used was 5500 K and I supplemented it with a couple of Rapid LED far reds, but all that would have cost you a lot more. I had two of these and sold them to my buddy he has 8 plants under them and they are doing great. Plus the price went down on them yet again. They used to be about $80 each.

I go to bed at 7pm cause I get up at 2;30 am or 3 at the latest. Home by 12;30 from work.

Hope I caught you in time…

Marty

4 Likes

Rats! I will cancel them and get the others you recommend!
Thanks!

5 Likes

I caught it in time and canceled them. I ordered two of the ones you recommended. Should arrive the 22nd but I hope sooner. Thanks again, Marty!

5 Likes

Marty, what about these? They will arrive this Thursday instead of the others you recommend that won’t be here until next week.
What is I get two or three of these?

2022 New MARS HYDRO TS600 100Watt LED Grow Light 2x2ft Coverage, New Diodes Layout Full Spectrum Grow Lamp for Hydroponic Indoor Seeding Veg and Bloom Greenhouse Growing Light Fixtures Four for 4x4’ https://a.co/d/5uiWDRp

3 Likes

No experience with them at all plus three of them will only give you half the light of one of the Durolux. I’ve seen others on here use that brand, they will have to chime in.

Marty

3 Likes

Well, I will use them until the Durolux arrive. Thanks for the information.

4 Likes

Looks alot like the gelato i ran honestly some of the plants took up to 15 weeks to finish fattening up. My lights may play a couple of those weeks as im not pushing enough reds for flowering stage but regardless give it a little more time these are all in soil correct?

4 Likes

Yes, they are all in soil. Those two lights arrived today (not the Durolux but the other LEDs you said wouldn’t have as much light output). I put both on top of my grow area and turned them on…Wow! The lights I was using really suck compared to these! And when the Durolux arrive, I am going use them and probably return these. But the lighting difference is incredible, now I can see why my plants have been struggling.

5 Likes

Id send those packing for sure! If you cannot return them you can swap the bulbs out. But really the light reccomends @sssportsmfg is a Really good cheap ass light lol. I have 3 of these and they really work! Now you can save more money on watts using another fixture changing to led tubes that ise like 41 watts x4 = 164 watts. But they cost more up front but save money in the long run. Also there on sale right now.
https://growershouse.com/agroled-isunlight-41-watt-t5-4-ft-veg-uv-led-lamp
I like the UV in these a lot. Its really a sweet feature :+1::+1:

Edit: i put my favorite plants under these lights.

6 Likes

I just dont get what I am doing wrong.
I put two of these new lights on top of the grow area (VANECT LED Grow Light, 2022 New VT1000 Dimmable Full Spectrum Grow Lights for Indoor Seeding Veg and Flower with Thermometer Humidity Monitor, Adjustable Rope and Glasses, Silver, L-001 https://a.co/d/4Iy0PVs)
but now the plants look droopy. They are not dry and I reduced the intensity of the two new lights.
What am doing wrong?

6 Likes

Do you have fans directly on these plants

5 Likes

Looks like mine did when they got wind/heat stress.

6 Likes

I have a small fan blowing upwards from the floor. It is very light, barely enough to move the leaves of the upper branches. I hope these plants don’t die before harvest. They have taken so long to grow. Maybe I have those new led lights too close to the tops of the plants? They are in darkness now until 7 am tomorrow, so I will raise the two fixtures at that time.

6 Likes

Well just change one thing at a time or you could make ot worse. If you CHANGED their light source mid grow that would be enough to piss me off. Like going to mexico without sunblock with red hair and pale skin. What is rh again? And is it consistent? Have you put your hand level with your plants seeing if your hand is too hit after a minute? Raise the lights a little see if it helps but seems to me like your running dry then the air moving around the plants as well. What size pots?

6 Likes