Flowering phase/progress timeline?

As a newbie, I am still learning about the length of time and signs in the growth of the plant.
You guys have been extremely helpful so I am leaning on your expertise again!
Based on these photos of my plants taken this morning, how long will it be before these are ready for harvest?
Thanks!

8 Likes

Cant really put a time on it brother looks to me your about 3ish maybe 4 weeks in since you flipped the lights? If thats correct then you still have probably atleast 4 to 6 weeks before youll be pulling out the :axe:. When did you flip the lights?

8 Likes

When the buds start really forming they will be covered in little clear mushroom shaped cyrstals when 10-30% of these turn amber is when you want to chop. Also dont pay as close attention to the sugar leaves as you are the buds themselves

6 Likes

Here is a chart to use when deciding when to harvest!

7 Likes

they look about 2 weeks into flower

maybe 6 weeks for an Indica, about 8 -10 weeks for a Sativa

but just a guess

your leaves look skinny :slight_smile:

all the best

Dequilo

5 Likes

I believe I went to 14 hours of complete darkness about three weeks ago.
What’s interesting is that using inexpensive mylar emergency blankets surrounding the plants, including the top of them, has had dramatically better growth than my Vivosun grow tent!

6 Likes

Mylar has some crazy shine/reflectiveness plants will literslly crawl up the walls. Lol. This is a photo period plant correct?

5 Likes

Slowly work it down to 12 hours.

5 Likes

I believe they are all non-autos. Is that what you mean?

6 Likes

That is what i meant. Well my guess was spot on 3 weeks in you do seem to have a little bit of clawing going on id keep an eye on it. Looks damn good though lots of pistils. If i have to guess you got about 6 more weeks of flowering. But that is totally up to the plant.

5 Likes

Donyou kniw what strain it is?

4 Likes

What do you mean by “clawing?” and how do I fix it?

5 Likes

Here is an article about clawing.

6 Likes

I have consulted that article countless times already. Great post @nacho151 that’s definitely a keeper

5 Likes

The variables that make up your grow are the best way for others to diagnose issue.

When folks ask for help, they are usually asking by photograph. Which could lead down a rabbit hole of potential “fixes.” Many issues can overlap or be misdiagnosed from lack of data.

The best way is to share your grows variables with your community and they might see the area that could use improvement.

•Starting with a support ticket will help strengthen your growing abilities. It will help you guide your next grows with prev data that you can build from.

This is a support ticket. Copy and paste it to your thread and fill it out to the best of your abilities. The community will help with any questions you may have.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out to the best of your ability. If you dont have the info, leave it blank. It will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place.

4 Likes

After reading that article (thanks so much! ) I believe I have overwatered a couple of the plants. Each plant is set on lifters in its four inch deep plastic saucer, so they aren’t sitting in water. Other than the obvious, what can I do to help the plants dry out? They do look healthy otherwise and their flowering is progressing. Thanks so much!

5 Likes

If you are growing in bags, a small oscillation fan will help.

4 Likes

I have had a rather small fan blowing upwards in the middle of all four plants. I will not water (with and without nutrients) for a week or so and see if that helps. I just thought that the plants required water/nutrients especially at this stage of growth/flower.

4 Likes

Don’t starve them, just check the weight of your containers and feed and water them when they’re light.

3 Likes

growth rate is what determines water/food needs

pick up the pot when it is dry and water pick up again :slight_smile:

no better way to tell your finger lies :wink:

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

4 Likes