Forcing to flower

Hey, so its 4 months now since I have started growing my 2 plants. They have been outdoor for the last 3 months in vegetative stage. They are pretty big xd I would have never guessed it would end up that well :joy:
Anyway I am going away in 2 months so I need to force them to flower. (Also the weather in october and november is very unfavourable here - cold, humid etc.).
Yasterday I started it, I am moving them to a garage in the night and than move them outdoor in the morning (so they get another few hours of darkness in the morning). It is very interesting to move that huge plant twice a day btw :joy:
But there is a problem, when I am carrying them through a garden there are street lamps. When I am only passing by them, does it ruin the dark cycle ?
Unfortunately I dont have much of a choice so I can only hope that those few seconds wont make a difference (or that someone from my family wont accidentally open the door to the garage, thus spoiling that whole think :slight_smile: )
Does anyone have an experience with it ?
@kapouic @piper @hoppiefrog @oldguy

1 Like

@jardinero. For the few seconds that you’re passing the light it shouldn’t matter too much.
Just make sure that their extended dark time is Dark.
You should be good. :wink::+1:
:v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

thank you ! :joy: I am relieved that its not for nothing

1 Like

Doing that my self. I built a little hut, with a dome shape lid with hings. 12 hrs. Light12 hrs dark. First round was amazing. 55 days is all it took. So happy I tried this, enjoying as we speak. Already have round 2 started.

2 Likes

I have a PROBLEM. Today a door of a garage havent closed so my plants were exposed to sun and got only about 9h20m of darkness :cold_sweat: It is to the north, so at least it wasnt a direct light (in the morning). It is now the 10th day of flowering (it is already apparent that they are flowering). Does this one day mess the whole thing up ? Should I move them inside and give them 24h of darkness ? Or continue same as always ? What should I do ? Please help :disappointed_relieved:

@oldguy @kapouic @piper @hoppiefrog

2 Likes

@jardinero. I’d Keep them going as you are now.
A one time thing shouldn’t cause any issues.
:v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I agree with @oldguy you shouldn’t notice much from a single event like that may slow transition tho

2 Likes

thank you :star_struck: I was so worried. Reading all the articles about how only the slightest interuption ruins everything.
ufff

2 Likes

Guys I have 2 potential problems :anguished:
There are some things on the plant that look like signs of hermaphroditism, but maybe I am paranoid. (hope so :grimacing:)

And the other problem is that something is doing little holes in the leaves (its on many of them, especially the upper ones). I havent seen any bug tho.

@oldguy @hoppiefrog @kapouic @piper

3 Likes

You are safe on the Hermie,looks female to me.other issue looks like water droplet burn.most ppl shake the water off the girls after rain to prevent this;)

3 Likes

The further in flower the worse it would react to such issues .veg is easy to recover in

3 Likes

:hushed:will do that after every rain than. Thanks for help !! Would be really lost without it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Those looks like pistils coming out of female calyxes… you have a perfectly fine female… and for the holes, I believe @hoppiefrog’s got you covered…!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Np my friend that’s what we are here for:)

2 Likes