Foxtailing Help

Hello,

First time grower, (journal here) and I’m getting near the end. Things have been awesome so far, but now my prime plant of Gorilla Glue is foxtailing. Tricomes are still somewhat clear, so too early to harvest. I’m hoping I should be good to go into darkness next week. but time will tell.

Wondering what I can do to help this, or if its that big of a deal to worry about? And what may be causing it.

I’ve read some conflicting articles around foxtailing, so I figured I’d post here to ask some experienced growers.

The one thing I’ve thought to do so far is just to lower the intensity of the lights.
Should I stop giving nutrients, because at this point the mix I’ve been using is pretty aggressive on bloom. I’m in the “Ripen” stage.

8 Likes

I think your buds look good. I think foxtailing isn’t supposed to be anything more than a PITA when it comes to trimming. I’ll let other folks pipe in with their ideas of what causes foxtailing. @1sttimegrower Can you see better on these pics what faxtailing might look like?

4 Likes

Yes, much easier. But the night time lights helped, too. I’d like to think it just means there is more bud LOL :wink:

3 Likes

I had so foxtailing happen on the lithium auto I just harvested. I was told it was caused by to much heat. My room is running in the low 80’s right now. I agree with @OlyBoy, your buds look great!

6 Likes

Foxtailing can be a generic trait as well as result of stresses like high temperatures, they can be a bit more difficult to trim but should still smoke great

7 Likes

:100:, also can be caused by over/ under feeding, really any high stress situation could contribute,but mostly light and temp issues.

5 Likes

Looking great, More to smoke!..

1 Like

I get it almost every grow, and I grow a lot cooler than most. I only run about 74 during lights on. Don’t know what causes it for sure. Never hurt anything in my grows, yes a little more difficult to trim, but also more to trim :wink: Gorilla Glue is awesome stuff.

Looking great from here.

4 Likes