Fresh-Frozen Pharmers Needed

Hello new friends, I’m Kimberly, with The Green Living Company we are introducing innovative ways of cooling “Flower” to a target temperature before freezing for the secondary processing stage, a more ‘efficient’ method of cooling the “Flower” to maximize quality. We have designed a mobile system with a small carbon footprint that will take the Flower from ambient temp to -15 degrees in 45min > 750lb.

We are a reaching out to local growers that would be interested in providing a few pounds of product and test it against their current methods. We will provide a miniature test unit, my partner and I will ship the unit and meet it there.

We are very excited to work in the industry we truly believe this will be a viable asset. We have been in the Cold Chain Material Handling business for many years with “Flowers” just not this “Flower”. Here is some background on us ,we have built a Mobile Post-Harvest Pre-Cooling System for Driscoll’s (ColdPICK M1) www.coldpick.com.The Near Field Cooling Line grew from the M1 program.

2 Likes

Welcome! That sounds like an incredibly useful cooling system. Is it affordable for the hobbyist also? I have a friend that has a medical refrigerator, but it’s not getting cold enough.

Hello,
What is his target temp?

1 Like

He’s looking for -40, but he says -20 will work.

We can take it to a hard freeze ~20F and then move the product to a conventional -15F freezer where the product is further cooled by conduction and not sublimation. Can your friend propose a fresh frozen protocol, and call out the pros and cons.
From what I understand, sublimation is bad because it not only removes water but a significant amount of the other volatiles such as turpenes and resin compounds.

1 Like

I will certainly talk to him and get back to you, thank you for your help!

Thank you we can definitely bring it down to - 20 We can also small or as big as the growers needs

1 Like

I will let him know, thank you!

1 Like