Fungus gnats and pest control

I’m really thinking about it I’ve never had bugs this bad it’s scaring me away from not even want to grow kind of but I’m not giving up I do have hydroponics in like six buckets 12 valve for air basically two air pumps I got net baskets everything just wish I had a growing buddy doing it alone feels so alone especially when yr wife could care less I ever picked up this craft but it’s in my heart I’m 40 years old I started smoking at 13 a lot of these newbies don’t understand getting a bag of straight brick weed seedy stemy 25 an 8th 50 a quarter depending what was available I remember driving across a whole county looking cause internet was obsolete anyway I just want to gain as much knowledge as possible hell I usually don’t use forums but I keep coming back good people so far commenting back ty in advance and may yr fruits not stay bare happy growing yall from so Illinois

2 Likes

Hey man you learn from experience. Just helps knowing how to tackle issues and prevent them. I went a few years of growing with no Gnats or other pests than one day bam.

As preybird said certain brands of soil already have em in it just gotta always prepare for em. If I get them I typically get rid of them well before flower or before buds start to bulk.

The main thing is just keeping a sterile environment. Always check window, have bug screens up etc. I knew a guy who ran RDWC and would deal with white flies a bit. You got a lot of tips at your disposal hope some of them can help.

2 Likes

Most people’s significant others dont grow.
Maybe she will show interest down the road.
If you’ve never grown dwc at some point you might run into an issue but you will love hydroponics once you get it down.
There are a lot of awesome growers here that will help

5 Likes

2 Likes

That’s my first auto I’ve got going polar Express

1 Like

2 Likes

And I threw my one of my clone that’s ful guyly rooted into a dwc bucket last night I’m going to give it a so far so good shot

2 Likes

Stupid talk text anyway this is what I’ve got going on right now

1 Like

Tough one.