Fungus gnats and pest control

Fungus gnats could sevendust help or is it toxic for you to consume I’ve tried everything these are the most determined little sobs

3 Likes

This works. If your getting fungus gnats your overwatering. Try and dry out the media. Also the yellow stick traps work to catch the flying adukts so they dont lay more eggs in the soil/media.

1 Like

Yeah the yellow traps are my next move

3 Likes

I have those up always in case they fly in somehow. Better safe than sorry. I take the big ones and cut em into 4 or 6 squares. Poke something into the squares and make them into umbrellas and poke them into tje soil/media. Gnats always come from soil/media they breed there.

3 Likes

Oh and @caino80 welcome to the forum!:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Cool ty my house has been infested with em I do have sand on top of soil for now and it is keeping them out of the soil now their flying up my damn nose I’m sure their mad I took back my grow

2 Likes

I got them once feom Fox farm soil. They have problems regionally. I wont use that stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve switched to promix I do have hydroponics but I’m so scared to even go that route

1 Like

Hydroponics just seems so unforgiving

1 Like

Yeah ya need stickys now! The bigger gnats can get farther away and infest all your house plants. Sometimes them come from the house plants. Yellow stickies are like little radars for me. I can monitor an area with them. If theres an infestation at the sticky theres lots of gnats. The more gnats the closer they are. If theres gnats i see them and increase more stickies in the area. Big gnats can get up above fans. Put some high and low. But closet to the media. Shake plants gently. Like a quick jiggle to make them fly. They fly all shitty and clumsily but the suck.

1 Like

Will do ty

1 Like

If its in hydroponics.
Hydrogen Peroxide: 3% hydrogen peroxide can be diluted into water and used to tackle a fungus gnat infestation in your hydroponic garden. Use less than two teaspoons for every gallon of water you use and consider starting off with an even lower dose of the hydrogen peroxide and working your way up.Feb 1, 2021 cut and paste sorry

1 Like

I’ll try that when I finally get the balls to run hydro I got a real nice set up just sitting around

2 Likes

try beneficial Nematodes (Steinernema feltiae) and keep the top 1/2 inch of soil or medium dry you’re overwatering if you have gnats. add the yellow sticky traps and soon you’ll no longer have a fungus gnat problem!

2 Likes

I’ve been looking into those also

1 Like

I work in medical cannabis! I use them every 3 weeks give about a 3-5 second per pot! along with the sticky traps and drying your block out just a bit you’ll no longer have a fungus gnat problem!

1 Like

you can even add them to most diluted fertilizer or nutrient mixtures as well so you don’t have to worry about running just clear water to your plants!

1 Like

Hi @caino80

Welcome to GN. Check out growershouse.com for sticky traps and gnat muti!

This root cleaner is also a good product to use on the gnats and also covers other insect issues. I like that its gentle on your garden too.

“Root Cleaner concentrate eliminates soil borne pests and pathogens, kills fungus gnats and their larvae, pythium and rhizoctonia, root rot and root dampening off, thrips, nematodes, root aphids and more. No respirators, gloves, or suiting up required”

1 Like

When you finally make that move, hit me up with any questions. I specialize in dwc, but have been around a few different setups. Hydro is the way to go my friend. I’ve never had a bug issue since switching over @caino80.

4 Likes

Fly traps are always good to have up even if you don’t have any. I personally can vouch for BMC microbial lift or Killshot.

They are both natural substances. The killshot has a skull on it with a target. It’s reminds me of an enzyme cleaner.
The BMC doesn’t take much and might be good in DWC.

1 Like