Fungus, Mold? I’m not sure what it is

Planted my seeds 2 days ago and water prior to planting to prevent seed displacement. This showed today on a couple plants. Only the couple with fertilizer. I did not have a carbon filter but just got one in hopes to help ventilate more. How can I get rid of/prevent this.
It looks like dust balls almost or a mold of some sort. Has a grayish yellow tint to it.

Clean off the top soil of the pots and treat it with a Hydrogen Peroxide mix. And let the dry out a bit. Get better ventilation over your pots.

6 Likes

Welcome to GN! Plenty of helpful people here!
If you want a specific grower to see what you are posting, just tag them by putting the @ sign before their name. As in @slicksoups! That way they get a notice and you’ll get answer faster.

For your problem, I totally agree with @docdre :point_up_2::point_up_2:
The only thing I could add is : Be careful not to overwater! At that stage, they need only a few spray from a water bottle and it should be enough.

Happy growing!

5 Likes

@kapouic @docdre thanks for the help. Pretty sure i overwatered a bit. Should I do this for the pots that haven’t shown any sign of this?

6 Likes

The drying, ventilation and less watering yes.

7 Likes

I had the same problem you’re having a few times. Less water at first is the solution… :nerd_face: :wink:
You are better off giving them a few sprays of water in the morning and a few in the evening… That helped me not overwatering!

6 Likes

Welcome to GN. Might be a good idea to scoop that mold off to prevent it spreading. As the doc says you need some more ventilation as your seeds are probably drowning and possibly going to rot.

7 Likes

Ok definitely don’t want that. Thanks

4 Likes