Garden State Garden

I never mentioned this, but the tents are in my basement, and half of the basment is underground, I have a basement level attached garage and walkout sliding door under the deck. This makes it very convenient for me to do rez changes, no pump necessary thanks to the ball valve attached to the bottom of the tank. I can run a 1/2" water tube out the walkout and drain away.

Also being in the basement is helping me fight high tent temps, since the basement is usually 62F year round. However it has been a challenge to get the RH at optimal levels, especially when it rains a lot and gets damp down there. The dehumidifier helps to combat this and my temps are pretty consistent at 69-71 with lights on, 61-63 lights off.

The SS box holds water temps around 62F consistently. I’ve been told that a little more closer to 68 would be ideal…but since SS is a great heat conductor and the tank sits on the concrete floor, I need to come up with a solution to help warm it up without lifting it (its heavy as hell right now :flushed:), likely going to wrap it in a towel on 5 sides. Before the next grow im going to get small 1/2" cube feet welded on to lift it off the ground but not take up too much of that precious vertical real estate!

2 Likes

Hey I did hear from the prodigal son today. He has been tied up with family, holidays. . .yada yada yada. Should be back p soon.
:+1:t3: :panda_face:

2 Likes

3o85xyqTde87u0L8qc

1 Like

Well @thedeernad welcome to the growers network. You are obviously a veteran grower/ journalist. Your grow looks tremendous.

You’ll find a few things different here. You can dm folks, unlimited likes and some explicit others. Community guidelines are around the same. Keep it lean and green.

Have a great time. We are stoked your here with your knowledge base. We love to watch you grow.

3 Likes

@Slym3r some folks on some other sites like to not be believers…but this is my first indoor and hydro run ever :grimacing:

I spent the better part of the last 2 years reading and lurking and reading and lurking and reading and lurking…and I ran 2 outdoor soil grows to ease into learning the how to care for the plant and how to read the plant…

My knowledge is just a collective of the growers that come before me! I am really finding a passion for this and I hope what I share helps someone just as what I’ve read on what others have done has helped me immensely

Thank you for the warm welcome!

5 Likes

One thing I’m good at is rambling! This thread is modest compared to the entire journal I have going for this grow on another site :grin:

I belive ya. I understand completely.

1 Like

I have some branches that I cut of a few days ago drying in the tent. Couldn’t bear to part with the frost :yum:

So because I’m impatient I trimmed one up early and ran it thru the dehydrator just to get a taste…

3 Likes

l3q2ApV53h4hrEuE8

1 Like

For the giggles heres what I had going on over the summer

9 Likes

Holy krap! Jurassic cannabis! Dang
Sweet!

2 Likes

Chopped more branches off the lower 3rd of the plant today, lots of stuff that was growing horizontally and down, also small shoots with buds pulling them down already. Some more tasters for the drying tent! :yum:

4 Likes

There is still more that could go, maybe in a few days…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Also first 2 shoots to get tied up in the back corner where I had missed them for a bit, one is a main that got broken after getting to 8 nodes in veg, it healed and is a little runty so I want it to make it!

3 Likes

Merry Xmas everyone! :evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Spent some time tonight after dinner putting some line on the plant. Tied up a lot of the branches that were starting to get heavy…ppms running high for a few days, despite going in with straight water, so im likely gonna flush tomorrow with some sledgehammer for a few hours then get a fresh res in

4 Likes

4 Likes

wow what a beautiful set up U have done ur homework Very nice congrats

2 Likes

This past Sunday I did a res change, followed by a 3 hour flush with sledgehammer, and finally filled back up with some fresh nutrient rich water.

3 Likes